Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Frontline - Well, A Frontline Soldier Frame

Mi5fit

Ok so here's my idea for a new frame.  I'm terrible at creating the visual so i'll just tell you instead of drawing it.  Picture a Rhino, armored type frame, maybe even slightly more armor plating on upper torso.  There would be 2 shoulder mounted guns, think maybe original Predator art style.  Before a power was activated, which i'll get to powers in a min, they would be retracted onto the back.  Once the power is activated they raise into a battle ready stance.  So much could be done visually.  Like i said i have a picture in my mind of what he would look like but i can't get it down for other people to see. 

The idea i had for this one is the soldier type frame.  But this one relied on his shoulder mounted guns and turrets.  So lots of gunfire. Heavily armored, lots of guns and ammo and buffs for guns and ammo.  Just lots of shells hitting the ground.  High armor and shields with slow movement speed, same as Rhino and Frost.

Ok now the powers.  There are more than four here but these are just ideas being tossed around.  What power slot these powers go on would depend on the strength, duration, etc.

Full auto - The shoulder guns raise and auto track enemies independantly.  The power and fire rate i believe would be comparable to the vanilla Braton without mods.  It would last 500 rounds of ammo until it needed to be reactivated.  So if you activate it and no enemies are around it doesn't fire and can last indefinitely.  Pretty straight forward.  Kind of like having 2 extra sentinels with you.

Armor pierce - Once this power is activated all friendlies would receive an armor pierce bonus.  Might be a cool solution to the armor scaling issue.  It could work in one of two ways, either you activate it and receive a maxed out bonus of say 75% for 15 sec. or it's a toggle and the bonus maxes out at 50%.  I say armor pierce because then you would also have extra dam against enemies without armor.  Or it could act like Nova's MP but it would reduce armor by at least 75%.  I would prefer one of the first 2 but this would also work.

Missile/grenade launcher - Another activated power that maybe only has 10 rounds.  The power could do about 250 dam in a 5 meter radius, stagger and fire every 2 sec or so.  I originally thought missiles being launched from a small pod on the shoulder cannon would have been cool but grenades would work the same.  Auto tracks enemies like full auto.

Ammo Refill - Refills ammo of currently equipped weapon for all friendlies.  I think this would have to be a tier 4 power.  It  would act like trinity's health restore but for ammo on currently equipped weapon.  Nuff said.

Turret - One of 2 turrets.  This turret is like the power Full Auto but is thrown or placed a specific point.  Think Vauban's tesla ball but with machine guns :) Or the soldiers turret from Borderlands 2. Will disappear after 500 rounds are spent or destroyed by an enemy whichever comes first.  Can be placed on ceilings and walls etc.  This turret might even be more fun with the Gorgon stats.  So a minigun turret.

Turret 2 - Full Auto with missile launcher.  Missiles would do 500 dam on this ult as it would need line of sight to be effective, so to put it on par with other ults it would need to do huge splash dam.  Same as first turret but with missile pod.  Would have to be a tier 4 power.

I'm sure there are plenty of other weapon based frame ideas out there but I was too lazy to look around.  These are ideas i thought up, sorry if it bit off anyone else's idea or ideas.  Like i said didnt read many others.  Just thought it would be a cool frame.  I pictured this frame strolling through with rifle in hand, shoulder guns and turrets blasting in all directions.  Would be fun.  No fantasy raising the dead stuff...  Thoughts?

TL;DR

soldier frame shoulder mounted guns

Powers

Armor pierce - Buff friendlies weapons with armor pierce, max out at 75% for 15 sec.

Full Auto - Shoulder guns auto track with vanilla braton dam and fire rate, 500 rounds

Turret - Place like tesla ball, Gorgon fire rate and dam, mini ogris shells 500 rounds gun, 10 for shells

Ammo Refill - Refills currently equipped weapon of all friendlies like trinity's health restore or ammo box dropped

A lot of armor but slow

Edited by Mi5fit

All I can think of is the horror that is TF2 when I skimmed through and saw Turrets.. hah. No offense to your ideas though, I like the idea of shoulder weapons, but we've got sentinels for that.

I like the idea of the ammo replenishment, maybe it could be something like a box or something a Warframe could put down that you'd get a random generation of ammo from. So it wouldn't be OP.

the big problem with the missile launcher thing is that we already have it. the Ogris. Unfortunately I don't think we'll see anything like that as a power.

Nice idea though, would be interesting to see something outside of a "LOL SPAM 4" warframe.

not a nice idea, AN EPIC idea, those shoulder weapons would cost him alot of speed, he would have same shields as excal but he would have HUGE armor, an that shoulder weapon would shoot explosive nitro shells, and he would place turrets and ammo dispensers, shoot those big shoulder cannons by pressing 3 and his ulti would cast an energy barrier infront of him knocking down anything that would be infront of him while moving

Edited by jpvi1207

@Skepsis

My thought on the shoulder cannons as sort of additional sentinels, he wouldnt have a direct AoE power so to be able to run around with auto guns would act as that.  The rockets wouldnt be as powerful as the ogris and maybe even the AoE wouldnt be as large, so mini ogris haha.  A stagger with a little dam. With armor pierce activated the shoulder guns would be more effective as well.  Thanks for feedback though.