Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Enemy Alert Radius Tweak?

TwoWolves

Some of us enjoy the huge, sprawling Grineer and Corpus ships. More of that. More rooms and areas to explore on every map. I love to explore and take my time enjoying the sheer amount of work that the designers have put into the textures and world objects. The amount of greeblies is stunning and placed with perfection. I explore for the sake of exploring.

However, one thing kind of ruins this: the alert radius for enemies. A good example is in the Grineer ships. I'll isolate in the one tile-set that has the cross-over bridge and the ramp right past it with the trench on the left (one of the hot areas in survival missions because it's a choke point), and try to kill all the enemies, after resetting the alarm. Only, the enemies keep pouring in because their alert radii seem to chain together too far out, so that the ones that are attacking refuse to enter into the area where doors will close so that you can wait for a few moments for things to cool off. Instead, they'll sit on the other side of the door and fire in, alerting all the other enemies even farther out. Then, more will keep pouring in, ad infinitum.

Any way we could tweak that back a bit? It's especially noticeable when you are a lower MR rank and you want to creep around and take your time to enjoy the grandeur of the game. 

I feel for you. When I was lower MR (less than 10), I did like to explore myself. And I remember how the alarms were such a bummer. But unless you either a) get a stealth frame (Inara, Loki,...) or b) you just rush every missions, you just gotta endure those pesky klaxons. Or play captures or survival: the alarms are on by default (after the capture I might add), so no surprise there, but also, less me-time for exploration.

Oh! and one last note: if you want to explore during a sabotage mission, do so BEFORE you finish the objectives. There's a good chance that after the sabotage, there will be a timer for you to extract. If you don't extract before the timer reaches zero, the mission is a failure. Happened to me once, and I was soooo angry! Surely being that frustrated is not good for my health lol!

1 hour ago, tprx said:

I feel for you. When I was lower MR (less than 10), I did like to explore myself. And I remember how the alarms were such a bummer. But unless you either a) get a stealth frame (Inara, Loki,...) or b) you just rush every missions, you just gotta endure those pesky klaxons. Or play captures or survival: the alarms are on by default (after the capture I might add), so no surprise there, but also, less me-time for exploration.

Oh! and one last note: if you want to explore during a sabotage mission, do so BEFORE you finish the objectives. There's a good chance that after the sabotage, there will be a timer for you to extract. If you don't extract before the timer reaches zero, the mission is a failure. Happened to me once, and I was soooo angry! Surely being that frustrated is not good for my health lol!

Best ones for exploration are extermination missions. Or going to really low-level missions and then just brushing them away like gnats for as long as you can. lol But doesn't each enemy have it's own alert radius? It seems that alert radius increases in certain missions like survival or assassination. Maybe there's a way to prevent it from chaining out so far, or reduce the radius. I know several games use directional awareness, and I'm pretty sure Warframe does, too, but I think it still uses a general radius for alerts. 

Sabotage is a beast if you don't explore ahead of time. lol

I think in survival you actually have a beacon on you that attracts the enemies from across the map. I've seen enemies track me through half a dozen tiles. So in that respect, I don't think in survival mode there's a chance to get unnoticed unless you stealth. Btw, there's companions that can stealth you. The Huras Kubrow in particular could be modded to allow a non-stealth frame to carry out exploration without being noticed. Or to complement a stealth frame to allow for more time stealthed.

I used to have one and need to find someone willing to donate or sell me a genetic code template of one. I miss playing with them in combo with my nezha vs infested. All I have now is a crappy sahasa--doesn't match my play style at all, or anyone's, really...lol

The problem is that the enemies stream forth in one long wave instead of coming in actual waves (even if it doesn't say wave number ___ on the side). If they came in unannounced waves (so the player had no idea how many there were). Then, it would give us a bit of breathing room at random intervals and so long as we didn't leave that room, other rooms would "reset" once the doors were closed so that once all enemies in the room were killed, and the alarms reset, no other enemies would know you're there, and you could return to doing your photo-op crawl through the belly of a corpus ship.