Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What Would Happen If Stamina Was Removed?

Zicak

This is just a thought I had while playing today, running around and trying to farm mats for the Twin Gremlins. I'm not sayig it should be removed, but I do have to wonder what the consequences would be if the stamina system was removed in its entirely, leavig players with no limits on actions like sprinting, wallrunning, and stuff like that.

While many actions drain the stamina pool, such as jumping, using a melee attack, and the aforementioned sprinting, the latter is the only thing that tends to actually drain one's stamina pool and have that be a limiting factor. So I ask: why? why are there limits put on sprinting? What gameplay balance reason is there for this system to exist? It can't be to keep layers together and prevent rushing, as that already happens and the slower players are just as affected, if not moreso, than the ones with Loki and a fully-ranked Rush. I dont think it's to prevent wallrun abuse, as the tile layout prevents that by itself, and even if there is a reason, it's all circumvented by players repeatedly sliding to keep their stamina up, an action that, while effective, personally makes my pinky hurt after a while.

And so, I present the question again for discussion: What would be the consequences of removing the stamina system? I know that would make Quick Rest and Marathon useless, but a simple script could change those mods to other mods. Do you think that would worsen the trend of rushing? Would there have to be some other drawback to sprinting put into place? Who knows, this could be a horrible idea and I'm just not seeing why.

If there was no stamina taken from sprint, then sprint would become a normal running speed.

Wallrunning and jump would have no limit. I can just imagine some crazy things going on with permanent wallruns, ergh.

Stamina mods would become useless.

Melee attacks, dodging and blocking uses stamina aswell, but it gets refreshed after 0.5 - 1 sec. So no problem here.