Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Disabling Shadows Entirely?

Examillion

Since I couldn't find the correct feedback subforum for it, I ellicited to put it in here.

Right now, Warframe done INCREDIBLE regarding optimization. On the same hardware, I am pushing out a lot of FPS compared to update 5/6. Which is great, however I am still with the issue that you cannot disable shadows entirely, if the UI is to be believed.

Right now it is set on "Low" and I personally would forsake a lot of atmosphere to gain more FPS as a result, I prefer a smooth gameplay experience and rarely do I gawk at my surroundings because of the intensity of the pace.

Maybe I am mistaken but I do see shadows cast here and there, so if the devs could answer this for me and discuss the possibility of removing shadows all together, it'd be amazing.

Once more, terrific job on your optimization process!

*Maybe* the shadows you are seeing are the baked shadows? Not the real-time shadows? I would guess.. since disabling shadows in most games goes straight to the real time.. some shadows are baked into the level.

Exactly why I am doubtful if my statement holds true and it's simply an UI bug/leftover. Still, I wish to have some conclusive answer on the idea and if even removing 'baked' or basic rendered shadows is possible or not. I mean, I am having little issue with the FPS but it can never hurt to have more in rougher and crowded scenarios at times.