Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Can't delete Grand hall paradox...

I recently decided to rearrange and shrink down my dojo to make it more easily traversable and as I began breaking it down I got to the point where all that was left was my clan halls. That's when I noticed a problem the elevator that leads to my reactor floor is attached to the Grand hall so I can't delete my Grand hall first but I have to in order to delete my other clan halls. (I plan on only having grand and grandest on the main floor and moving the other two lesser halls to the reactor floor out of sight.) So what I did was I made a hallway that attaches to the + section before the elevator and wraps all the way around around to the other end of the lesser hall so it will not be left floating by deleting the Grand hall. After a lot of resources and plat for rushing I completed the wrap around but for some reason I still can't delete the Grand hall because it has "Child components" even though clearly those child components are still anchored to other rooms and won't be left floating by it's deletion...2ZZ9Dtsh.jpg

Edited by (XB1)All Seeing Sage

"When you use an open building node to build a new room, this new room becomes the "Child" of the original room (and that original room becomes the "Parent" room). In order to destroy the original (Parent) room now, the new (Child) room must be destroyed first. It is a good idea to keep the Parent/Child relationship in mind when building your dojo as destroying a specific room in the chain could require the destruction of a large number of "Child" rooms first. If you attempt to destroy a room that has a child, you will receive an error that informs you the room still has a child room that must be destroyed first. Often players will have built an elevator to a second floor and will notice that this entire floor is the child of that elevator (rightly so) and in order to destroy this elevator, they will need to destroy the entire floor.

A somewhat similar situation to the Elevator issue mentioned above, when you change the spawn room in your dojo this will alter the Parent-Child relationships of your rooms so that the new Spawn room is essentially considered the "starting room" for the whole of the dojo and will therefore have no parent. If you are having trouble destroying a room and the child rooms being called out by the UI appear to be incorrect, make sure you are not attempting to destroy your dojo's Spawn Room and if you are, try switching the Spawn Room back to your starting Clan Hall if possible (or another Hall if not), and try again.

Additionally, each clan hall is the pre-requisite for the hall larger than itself so halls must be destroyed in reverse order from largest to smallest. The only exception to this rule is that the starting Clan Hall can be destroyed, as long as you have a Great Hall present in your dojo. Due to these rules it is not possible to have only a Grandest Hall in your dojo for example as you need all the smaller halls to be present as well." -[DE]Terence

TLDR: doesn't matter if you connect it another way, you can only destroy in the order you created.

Edited by Mk_1