Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Beat Dauntless to their game before it gets big

Uthael

Not strange, seeing many gamers enjoy novelty (myself not included, at least not all the time). If you wanna go over from MH to Dauntless or Dauntless to MH, it would be like changing game to play similar stuff. You then question "what's the point?" in that case and not switch.

People playing Path of Exile or Warframe, why? Because they find the original game stale and want to try something else, maybe? Doesn't mean they stop playing Path of Exile or Warframe.

Well, I sure did stop playing Path of Exile for Warframe... RNG dictates your customization and I can't sidespring or walldash there.

I left WoW and GW2 and went to PoE because I got tired of paying again and again. But if WoW ever went F2P, I'd get back there in a blink of an eye.

About WoW: core gameplay, raiding, still exists. It's easy-mode compared to 40-man Illidan in the old days, but it's still there. The game got diluted and it sucked up way to much content from other sources. Gameplay, lore, easter eggs, collectables,... And it became the social network of choice for many of its players. WoW stole from GW2 sooo much. Not to mention pet battles (Pokemon copy-paste). And it's #1 mmo 2018. Take a look at this:
100 things to do in WoW
Depending on your perfectionism, you can spend days on some of those things. And there's 100 of them. And that's only what that writer thought of.

My point is: diluting the gameplay is a GOOD thing. That means there's more interesting stuff to do for everyone. IMHO, Warframe could only benefit from adding some hunting gameplay.

I'm totally with what Carrotsalad said:

Spoiler

You hit the boss till his tail falls off and he cant smack you with it anymore. Disable one of his hind legs and suddenly he cant jump around anymore. Cut his arm off and it cant shoot back. Aim for his head+eyes and he cant see.. Its a constant disappointment when games just keep going with the 1 giant hitbox with a linked HP pool where you just mindlessly shoot the weak spot and eventually he dies. Sure they mix up the weak spot but battle dynamics dont change nor do you take things into consideration like elemental damage.

Anyway i've been putting time into dauntless and its fixed the monster hunter itch that i've had since MH tri. I do wonder though if it can actually develop well enough in the time before MHW comes out. Especially the game performance, UI and graphics which seem to be very poor at this early stage.

Edit: I can't sidespring or walldash in WoW either. But I mained a Goblin Mage with Engineering and it offered just enough mobility for my needs. Every other player in a battleground was like an advanced AI miniboss that could 2-shot me if I made a wrong step. ... Now maining Volt in Warframe. Good times. I just want some single-target fights.

Spoiler

You know... Without random toxic fart-propelled infested withering me or zapper frogs popping from the ground... And my character being too stupid to swing his melee so it scratches the floor.

Edit: Don't nerf them because of this comment now! They still make the fights more "colorful".

Edited by Uthael