Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

My Only Real Beef With Forma

DGwar

the basic meaning of mastery is, you manged to master many weapons

gaining mastery for weapons you masterd, is just plain stupid to be honest.

and the only point why we discuss this here is because CoD started it with their stupid system

To me, the mastery rank should have no meaning outside of having tried weapons. I really think that lvl locking weapons is just a stupid thing to do, just because you want to force people to try out different things.

I want to play with what I fancy, and nothing should stand in between it. If I want to use dirty diapers with spikes all over my body and a wooden baseball bat, then let me do so.

a friend of mine recently started to gather the parts for the lanka, a mastery lvl 7 weapon we he was at mastery 5

he basically grined weapons as ressources like hell, and i can tell you at the day he could finally start to build the lanka

he was the happiest fcker around, i thought

but when he finally pickd it up out of the foundry, damn it was like looking at a child at cristmas who got its nintendo64

the same goes for me when i started the game, grind the road to mastery3 for that neat gorgon

prenerf a 90bullet sniperrifle

the point is, there is something you can be happy about it if you worked for it

Edited by Depar

a friend of mine recently started to gather the parts for the lanka, a mastery lvl 7 weapon we he was at mastery 5

he basically grined weapons as ressources like hell, and i can tell you at the day he could finally start to build the lanka

he was the happiest fcker around, i thought

but when he finally pickd it up out of the foundry, damn it was like looking at a child at cristmas who got its nintendo64

the same goes for me when i started the game, grind the road to mastery9 for that neat gorgon

prenerf a 90bullet sniperrifle

the point is, there is something you can be happy about it if you worked for it

I could be happy about it, but I can't. That's just not me.

You have to remember that there are different strokes for different people. From what I can tell from that story is that he was constantly feeling a sense of progression. My sense of progression turned into abject boredom because the game never lets me have the banshee helmet BP.

I'm a little confused by the people claiming they don't want to grind up weapons or frames that they don't like for the initial mastery...

If all weapons and frames suck when they have 0 mods equipped (which, don't lie to yourselves they do) and 30 should be the agreed minimum for an effective piece of gear to be modded anywhere near properly, how can you state that you don't like it and don't want to grind it when you have never had the opportunity to use it efficiently?

Is it arbitrary based on design? Perhaps the fact that it goes ratatatatatata as opposed to Boom Boom?

I'm really at a loss, it's like people who say they don't like a food item even though it has never touched their lips...

I could be happy about it, but I can't. That's just not me.

You have to remember that there are different strokes for different people. From what I can tell from that story is that he was constantly feeling a sense of progression. My sense of progression turned into abject boredom because the game never lets me have the banshee helmet BP.

but you not gaining the banshee helmet has nothing to do with mastery.

Why is it ridiculous? You have worked, fought and crafted your way to Rank 16(hypothetically). You've earned it and if you don't have, your Forma has been for nothing. That's my point.

It's ridiculous because the forma was not for nothing to begin with. The forma allowed me to equip better mods or higher ranked mods and more of them. That is in itself enough of a reward for me and I do not want mastery rank muddied by the use of forma.

I'm a little confused by the people claiming they don't want to grind up weapons or frames that they don't like for the initial mastery...

If all weapons and frames suck when they have 0 mods equipped (which, don't lie to yourselves they do) and 30 should be the agreed minimum for an effective piece of gear to be modded anywhere near properly, how can you state that you don't like it and don't want to grind it when you have never had the opportunity to use it efficiently?

Is it arbitrary based on design? Perhaps the fact that it goes ratatatatatata as opposed to Boom Boom?

I'm really at a loss, it's like people who say they don't like a food item even though it has never touched their lips...

1. i cant hear you over the sound my lanka made when it oneshot lvl 50 grineer rank0

2. you're pretty close with that, i would never touched the shotguns in this game if mastery wouldnt exist

now my main beside the lanka is the sobek

Edited by Depar

I would love to Forma all of my favorite weapons, but the lack of any kind of reward has held me back. I don't care about a star on my rifle's stock or a cool color scheme. I want tangible, long term benefits. I want to see some Mastery, improvements in operation(Faster reload, fire rate, AP, damage; pick one) or both. Make it worth my time and potentially, money to use Forma.

This all comes back to that age old question, "Would you rather be a Jack-of-all-trades or a Master-of-one?"

The way I look at it, the choice should be yours. If I want to use the same kit until it rusts and crumbles, let me. For those who want to try everything, let them. All I ask is that there be a reward for both sides.

What, being able to slot more ridiculously overpowered mods onto a weapon isn't a reward?

1. i cant hear you over the sound my lanka made when it oneshot lvl 50 grineer rank0

2. you're pretty close with that, i would never touched the shotguns in this game if mastery wouldnt exist

now my main beside the lanka is the sobek

Alright fair enough with the Lanka, but I think it's a moot point in the context of what people are complaining about since you clearly had to work up that mastery to get there. I think from your second point we agree that its not all that terrible as a mechanic, would I be correct in that regard?

Lol. No that's not correct. The reward is a more powerful weapon. That's the reward. If that's not enough for you I'm sorry. But for the majority of us who have forma'd things multiple times, it is enough.

Mate, ive tried, many times.

You can use plain logic

you can give them examples.

You can prove your point for ten times...

And they will still want more.

FORMA was not there to begin with.

We were GIVEN chance to upgrade our beloved weapons even more.

Thats reward.

Wanna somekind of whatso-whatso to showoff you overpowered multi-formed despair?

Sure. Throw some ideas, give examples. balance it and then upvote or not for it.

NO for overpowering overpowered weapons.

Like the guy who said that after each forma you could get bonuses like /reload time reduction/dmg%/clip size etc...

Thats what is possible now, by using FORMA.

It gives you more energy, and you can equip powerfull mods.

Im too old for this S#&$.

Gotta unfollow this topic. its waste of my keyboard.

Alright fair enough with the Lanka, but I think it's a moot point in the context of what people are complaining about since you clearly had to work up that mastery to get there. I think from your second point we agree that its not all that terrible as a mechanic, would I be correct in that regard?

i never approved in terms of this thread, the current mastery system is fine for me, making forma count towards mastery would break this system completly, the other point would be that many weapons would need to get a higher mastery cap, what would bring the mastery again to the same state as current, even worse, made it harder for new player to gain everything of the "top"-tier weapons

~snip~

Im too old for this S#&$.

Gotta unfollow this topic. its waste of my keyboard.

yea the fight against foolishness is a hard one

Ranking a weapon up to 30 is not "mastering" it.  You can level a weapon up to 30 without ever even using it.  I've done it.  Mastery Rank is just a way for DE to inject longevity into the game.  And it takes just as long to forma an existing weapon as it does to level a new one.  My biggest issue with the Mastery Rank system is that it forces you to progress in one specific way.  By farming weapons and leveling them.  That is stupid.  I want to progress my own way.  If that means I want to re-level the same weapon 5 times, well who cares?  How does that affect anyone but me?  It doesn't.  There are NO downsides to allowing forma'd weapons to give Mastery Rank.  And this game is supposed to be about playing it how you want to play it.  I don't want to have to level every gun in the game because I hate 2 thirds of them.

Ranking a weapon up to 30 is not "mastering" it.  You can level a weapon up to 30 without ever even using it.  I've done it.  Mastery Rank is just a way for DE to inject longevity into the game.  And it takes just as long to forma an existing weapon as it does to level a new one.  My biggest issue with the Mastery Rank system is that it forces you to progress in one specific way.  By farming weapons and leveling them.  That is stupid.  I want to progress my own way.  If that means I want to re-level the same weapon 5 times, well who cares?  How does that affect anyone but me?  It doesn't.  There are NO downsides to allowing forma'd weapons to give Mastery Rank.  And this game is supposed to be about playing it how you want to play it.  I don't want to have to level every gun in the game because I hate 2 thirds of them.

^^ This....