Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What Is The Reason For Orokin Reactors And Catalysts To Be Separate Items?

Volume

Why not just have one Orokin thing that works for Warframes and Weapons?

As it stands now, both the warframes I have slots for are 30 with reactors in them, and I've gotten another blueprint for one. Considering I can't get another slot as an F2P player, there is no need for me to use an orokin reactor until things change.

So why can't I use it for one of the weapons I want to upgrade? I just don't see the arbitrary reason to separate these. I think having one unobtainium ultra-rare thing is enough, and then we can pick whether we want to supercharge a weapon or warframe, rather than gettting one item for weaponry, and another for warframes. Especially since the warframe one seems to be more common, yet we'd need a lower potential number of those compared to the one for weapons.

I think the crafting materials are different, but that's just another arbitrary time/resource/component sink.

Either way I just mean mean maybe it should be considered to have one "Orokin Supercharger" or something that works for both. Because it's hard enough to get a reactor or catalyst, now I have a spare reactor I won't be able to use and I wish I could trade it for a catalyst (maybe reactor +200k credits = catalyst?) or just have a "one-size-fits-all" item.

But still useful, I think. He's got a point, but maybe that's what they want them separate for, to motivate the player to keep clearing missions and try as hard as possible to get whatever Orokin item you need. Although the conversion idea is not that bad either, as it can turn way better for those with oe of two items, and cosidering the odds of finding and Orokin Catalyst/Reactor, it's high price of conversion would be acceptable, up to some point of course (not like I'm willing to pay 450k to convert a catalst in a reactor, in that case it'd be too much abuse, don't you think? lol).

They are separate items because they are for separate things. One expands the cap on weapons, the other on warframes. Having them as separate items means they can better control the drop rates/costs/etc of upgrading your warframe versus your weapons. They might want one to be easier than the other.