The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Warframe (Nightmare Themed) - Phobetor, Son Of Nyx

Ape3po

Concept: The name originates from Greek Mythology where Phobetor is the "demi god" of nightmares (phobetor; phobia). In Greek Mythology, he is the son of Nyx (which is weird for us here in Warframe), and often appeared to people in the form of an animal or monster. This warframe tries to balance CC ability with a few aggressive traits, along with some new concepts to think about that will drastically change the way people will choose to play him.

Health: 95

Shields: 95

Energy: 135

Speed: 1

Armor: 100

Polarities: 4 Power, 2 attack, Aura = 1 Tactical

Abilities: Sorry if these don't get into any HUGE depth, but I don't have a lot of time at the moment to write it all down or think too much on it. Besides, I'd rather the specifics get filled in by feedback rather than my only opinion.

1. Infected:

Playing much to his "appearing at monsters or animals" role in Greek Mythology, it would only make sense that Phobetor becomes the source of everyone's nightmare in this Solar System (other than us, of course). I'm talking about the Infested. This ability will be tricky to balance, but I believe it has the power to determine how Phobetor is played. Either this ability will be spammed, or it will be ignored (based on the player).

Energy: 50

Details: Phobetor transforms into an Infested type creature for 45 seconds. Based on level, Phobetor will transform into:

Charger: Uses all mods attached to your melee slots to boost claw attacks. Holding the melee attack key gives you a leap attack.

Ancient Healer: Uses mods attached to your secondary attack to boost tentacle attacks, melee mods for claws.

Ancient Disruptor: Uses mods attached to your secondary attack to boost tentacle attacks, melee mods for claws.

Toxic Ancient: Uses mods attached to your secondary attack to boost tentacle attacks, melee mods for claws.

All Infected forms will have the same base health and armor attached to their enemy counterparts, but they will keep their shields originally attached to Phobetor. If the Infested form is to die, Phobetor will be transformed back to his original body with half of his max health and shields. Heal on the Ancient Healer will heal only fellow Tenno in the area of effect, poison cloud will only damage enemy in the area of effect. However, all multipliers will effect you as well, meaning, as a member of the Infested, you will have their strengths and their weaknesses. On the other hand, you can still jump and do other manuevers commonly used by the Tenno (wall ride, slide, etc.).

Pressing the ability button again will end the transformation.

Equip Cost: ALWAYS 6

Based on how Phobetor wants to play, or the role he is filling in a squad, he will want to keep extra coppies of Infected at different levels. The equipped cost is always the same, so there is no penalty for moving up a level to change tactics.

A player may want to keep this mod on its first level, giving him the charger with increased attack speed for a fast, in your face, melee Warframe. On the other hand, he may want to act as the healer, the support, or the aoe damage support as well.

Warframe mods will apply to your Infested form as well. This includes increased sprint speeds. Infested Phobetor will be a different hue based on energy color to help tell the difference when doing infested maps. Speaking of which, Infested enemies WILL be able to tell the difference and will attack you all the same.

2: Cower:

All enemies in the AoE will immediately break contact and run for the nearest cover. Once behind it, they can continue their normal functions. Think of this as a temporary hack to their original AI. Enemy CAN still fire while running to cover, however.

Energy: 50

Details: AoE = 10m/20m/30m/40m. This range can be increased with Power Range.

Equip Cost: 2/4/6/8 

3: Blood Frenzy:

Turning into animals and monsters has taken its toll on Phobetor over the years. Connecting to this wild and primal nature, Phobetor goes into a Blood Frenzy, dragging his fellow Tenno with him.

Energy: 75

Details: For 4/6/8/10 seconds, Allies lose their shields and gain health equal to 20/30/40/50% of the damage they deal as they deal it within the time limit. When the effect ends, allies are immediately granted their maximum shields.

Equip Cost: 6/7/8/9 

4: Real Terror:

Phobetor curses all enemies in the current map tile to suffer a vision of their worst nightmare. All enemies in the AoE fall to their knees, stunned, until the end of the ability.

Energy: 125

Details: For 5 seconds, all enemies within 5m/10m/20m/40m Tile fall to their knees and are stunned. Stun durration and AoE may be boosted based on Warframe mods. Any enemies coming into the AoE after the ability was used, will not be effected by Real Terror. Stun Duration and AoE can be boosted by Warframe mods.

Equip Cost: 9/10/11/12 

Final notes: Some of these abilities seemed a little OP. I tried to nerf them to compensate, but this is difficult. What do you guys think? I'll be updating these as the discussion progresses. I want to keep him an energy heavy Warframe to help compensate for his strengths. Mostly I think numbers need to be tweeked. Keep in mind that when I adjust these abilities, I try to think of ways he can combo with and react with other Warframes and their abilities.

Edited by Ape3po