Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Suggestion For Making Longswords Be Viable To Other Melee

randombrandom

Long swords are cool, but they are a little lacking in several areas. So here's my idea for improving them. idk if it's an original idea or is already being implemented...

My idea is to make the Reach mod have a bonus for long sword type melee weapons. The bonus would be that you can hit one more enemy per swing. Each level can increase the amount of enemies hit (up to 4). You're increasing the reach of a weapon, so why couldn't you hit more than one guy?

I've been seeing so many Reach mods that I figured it needed a little better use than being mod levelers. I know this is still Beta so there's still a lot of things to do and fix. But this game already feels like it could be released officially xD

hmm hopefully they'll do something soon. I love the dark sword too. hehe can't see the post cuz I'm not on the Design Council.

Crap, forgot about that. I'll copy and paste it:

"Posted 05 April 2013 - 05:01 PM
Most of these are pretty cool. I agree with mods that support near pure melee play for all Warframes, I'm not sure if it has been mentioned yet but these are my only ideas at the moment for Warframes or Weapons:

-Determination: Reduces chance of being staggered when hit while charging melee attack

-Defender: Increases chance to block or amount of damage blocked and reduces stamina cost for blocking attacks

-Diamond Edge: Makes a melee weapon that normally only hits one enemy, hit multiple enemies as long as they are well within range of that particular weapon's attack animation (High mod cost)

Kinda lame names for the last two but I couldn't think of anything else. Up to the Devs for these anyway. "
Edited by 7.T.

Crap, forgot about that. I'll copy and paste it:

"Posted 05 April 2013 - 05:01 PM
Most of these are pretty cool. I agree with mods that support near pure melee play for all Warframes, I'm not sure if it has been mentioned yet but these are my only ideas at the moment for Warframes or Weapons:

-Determination: Reduces chance of being staggered when hit while charging melee attack

-Defender: Increases chance to block or amount of damage blocked and reduces stamina cost for blocking attacks

-Diamond Edge: Makes a melee weapon that normally only hits one enemy, hit multiple enemies as long as they are well within range of that particular weapon's attack animation (High mod cost)

Kinda lame names for the last two but I couldn't think of anything else. Up to the Devs for these anyway. "

I do not agree with this. These weapons are already bad. Why do they need to have less mod slots too?

I do not agree with this. These weapons are already bad. Why do they need to have less mod slots too?

Thats fine and they don't. Assuming you mean mod power cost and not the number of slots. Just to clarify, my idea from back then wasn't set in stone for me then nor is it now. Like I said in my earlier post in this thread:

I made a similar suggestion in the Design Council way back when we were coming up with new mods (see here: https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/21784-expanding-our-mods-post-your-ideas/page-12#entry212909) I'd like to see either of these ideas or something close in this game. I love the Dark Sword and something like this would be awesome. +1

Something similar. I.e. something that makes longswords or single target melee weapons hit multiple enemies even if its just 1 more. So like I said, I would appreciate almost anything close to the ideas that have been presented  And even with my old post, it doesn't have to have a high mod cost. It was only a suggestion. I wouldn't want it to be too high either but I assumed based on other suggestions made that people would think it would be OP at the time, so I threw that bit about the mod cost in

This is a very good idea. I agree but I don't see how this idea is a replacement for or related to this one except that they're both for longswords. Again, clarifying: Its obviously up to DE if any of these get put into the game but there is no reason they can't coexist. Don't want to hit more than 1 (very very near by) guy with your Skana? Don't use the mod. If both together are OP then something could be figured out to fix that. If it even gets put in in the first place  

Edited by 7.T.

making longswords vaiable stands next on my list to improve after warrames and mods

but i would simply higher longsword dmg by 10~15

This would be nice also. IMO, its just a tad annoying to swing a longsword, kill a guy, then have the sword pass through his buddy that's shooting you in the face at point-blank range. Sure, we all could just use heavy weapons lol Anyway, I'm cool with whatever changes are made if any. Its a fun game and the Scindo looks nice too

This would be nice also. IMO, its just a tad annoying to swing a longsword, kill a guy, then have the sword pass through his buddy that's shooting you in the face at point-blank range. Sure, we all could just use heavy weapons lol Anyway, I'm cool with whatever changes are made if any. Its a fun game and the Scindo looks nice too

if the would just remove the max target limit, that be great