Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What Are Sentinels?

Sgaterboy

Couldn't decide between Warframe Feedback or Weapon Feedback forums, so I posted here :-)

What are Sentinels?

Where did we get them?  Why don't the enemies have any? Why do they have more mods slots than available mods? Is the Wyrm a Biological organism? Do the Tenno control the Sentinels, or does the Lotus? or somebody else? Do they think for themselves? Why are they bound to one weapon type? Why does the Gorgon have to be so big if a Dethcube can fit the same destructive capability into an 8 inch cube? Why can't we have TWO sentinels? or three? would they fight? Can we MAKE them fight?

uh... i cant answer everything but i'll pick out what i can...

Why don't the enemies have any?  It could possibly use similar technology the Warframes use, thus making it impossible for anyone other than tenno to use.

Why do they have more mods slots than available mods?  Beta :P everything is still a work in progress, including the setinals.

Do the Tenno control the Sentinels, or does the Lotus? or somebody else?  They seem to either have a programming or some form of AI.

Why does the Gorgon have to be so big if a Dethcube can fit the same destructive capability into an 8 inch cube?  The deth machine gun is no where near as strong as the Gorgon.

Why can't we have TWO sentinels? or three?  Discipline, young Tenno.

Edited by GIMO

What are Sentinels? Bots

Where did we get them? - From the foundry gods

Why don't the enemies have any? - Corpus have 3 (shield, mine and leech osprey) and grineer have a ground variant (rollers) :p

Why do they have more mods slots than available mods? - Because sentinels are a fairly new part of the game and incomplete

Is the Wyrm a Biological organism? - No, they are robots even though some look organic

Do the Tenno control the Sentinels, or does the Lotus? or somebody else? Do they think for themselves?  - It's has it's own small AI

Why are they bound to one weapon type? - To differentiate them more, but more weapons were mentioned in update 10

Why does the Gorgon have to be so big if a Dethcube can fit the same destructive capability into an 8 inch cube? - Because reasons :p

Why can't we have TWO sentinels? or three? would they fight? - Maybe :p

Can we MAKE them fight? - Yes, in a dojo duel room

The only proper question is : are they edible? Very, if you like the taste of circuits

Edited by CubedOobleck

This is all just silly. I mean really.

The only proper question is : are they edible?

Wyrm is best fried lightly in extra virgin oil, with some fresh pressed garlic, and served with a lightly chilled, crisp white wine. Deathcube is really just something you slather in BBQ sauce and grill, and Shade come out really nice if you crock-pot it with some leeks and peppers.

...Wow, that's a lot of posts with not even half a chance at a real answer. Nobody else legit interested?

Considering the sounds they make and the slightly organic design to them, akin to our own warframes? Sentinels are probably alive, if not fully self-aware. Probably like some printable organic machine.

The Moa drones the Corpus use are larger and tougher scale re-engineered versions of Sentinel tech, I'd guess, since the canon world seems to suggest that they're inheritors of some type of Orokin tech, besides just scavenging it. At the least, the Corpus certainly consider themselves inheritors of the Orokin. One of the assumed reasons the Corpus are so weak to electrical attacks is due to the fact that they're often linked to various proxies, probably more than just for combat purposes. Those big boxy helmets are doing something, after all.

This actually opens up the possibility for "Prime" sentinels to exist: Sentinels not rebuilt from scavenged tech and re-purposed blueprints, but from the original Orokin designs. All non-Prime warframes are even considered to be a bit "reverse engineered" from the original Orokin form, unless that gets canonically changed in a reboot.

Edited by KoshLovesYou