Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Strong Dual "tradeoff Mods" Request

Lyker

You might wanna take a gander at your earlier responses compared to the current one.

Done, I never said that this was a fix for anything. I just wanted it as an interesting concept.

Also, the original statement was, as I recall that I personally had no use for anything unless it was better, like a millionty times better than what we have currently, which essentially invalidates the level of tradeoff needed to mitigate said advantage in the first place "fairly".

Warframe is based on grinding, mods slowing down the grind in the name of "oooh neato artificial balance" will not be used, meaning DE has wasted both time and money.

The point I have made repeatedly, in all of my previous posts, is that the choice is to increase a weapon's ability in specific circumstance that you commonly fall in, while making it less effective in other circumstances. I'm not asking for the current Serration to suddenly incur clip-size penalties, I'm asking for a more powerful Serration-like mod that incurs clip-size penalties.

And while such a mod may slow you down, it could make me more effective on the whole.

Also, you keep bringing up this concept of "artificial balance". Do you mean the fact that a more powerful mod has a trade-off? Assuming you do, the point is not mods that somehow read your combat strategy and change themselves to be as ineffective as possible, the point is mods that allows a compulsive reloader like me to hamper the clip-size of shotguns while increasing their damage over what a standard shot-gun damage mod could do. For me, this is entirely an advantage, for others, possibly not.