Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

A New Use For Affinity Orbs

Jumba255

I don't know about other warframe players but I am tired of not being able to use the weapon I want to and still level up my mastery to get other weapons I want.

Now currently affinity orbs just give 100 to every weapon and the warframe. The idea that I had was to instead of just use the affinity orbs immediately you collect them and keep them in your arsenal to then use later on any weapon or warframe that you just don't feel like leveling through play or just bump up the weapon or warframe you are currently using. The affinity orbs should also be buffed to 500 if this were to happen. 

Also defence seems to be the fastest way to level up weapons and warframes (from my experience not stating a fact) and sine defence missions give no affinity orbs it would balance out the affinity gap between the two.

no, no they don't .. ever notice when you grab an affinity orb and your weapon experience bar flashes.. 

Yes, yes they do. Enter a mission solo. Kill nobody. Keep track of how many orbs you picked up. Mission end, you'll find you have no experience on any weapons, and <number of orbs times 100> experience for your warframe.

Or, if killing nobody seems to hard, kill only with warframe abilities, since they don't give affinity to weapons.

Edited by DireApostasy

As they said, it only goes to the frame. Also, if they got buffed to 500 AND you could allocate them how you wish, that would take away a ton of gameplay as you can just skip entire weapons. Just play the dang game. The mechanics are great. If you only played with one loadout, it would get boring really fast. Bringing low level weapons to a high level mission with a frame like Loki is always fun.

As they said, it only goes to the frame. Also, if they got buffed to 500 AND you could allocate them how you wish, that would take away a ton of gameplay as you can just skip entire weapons. Just play the dang game. The mechanics are great. If you only played with one loadout, it would get boring really fast. Bringing low level weapons to a high level mission with a frame like Loki is always fun.

I'd like a way to somehow skip weapons I don't like. It's also tiring to just level stuff without really enjoying them because you switch pretty much immadiately.

Why not just change the orbs to give 100 xp to both the frame and the currently equipped weapon? This would remove a little of the grind for weapons, while still requiring players to alter which weapon they use in order to apply the orb where they want. Make soloing leveling weapons a bit easier too, kill with one, pick up orbs with another.

Oh stop whining, you don't understand the true meaning of tiring until you leveled the Vulkar to level 30. 

WORST WEAPON EVER.

Agreed, Vulkar is terrible to level.

I'd like a way to somehow skip weapons I don't like. It's also tiring to just level stuff without really enjoying them because you switch pretty much immadiately.

If you want to skip a weapon, don't use it. Just don't get the mastery. I personally like mastery, so I have so far leveled all but roughly 10 weapons. I am going to do those 10 as well.

Just don't use the weapons you don't like.  Currently, a player needs to be at Mastery 7 to unlock all of the content available in the game assuming that player is in a clan.  To get to Mastery 7, one needs to level up about half the weapons availible currently (this may be an over-estimation).  Just pick half of the weapons you like and don't use the rest.

Just don't use the weapons you don't like. Currently, a player needs to be at Mastery 7 to unlock all of the content available in the game assuming that player is in a clan. To get to Mastery 7, one needs to level up about half the weapons availible currently (this may be an over-estimation). Just pick half of the weapons you like and don't use the rest.

I'm at mastery 8 and need about 1000 points for 9, its just that I want to level weapons to get the highest level possible because there's not much to do otherwise. Also, I really liked the hating comments. I did level the Vulkar to 30. And is one of the reasons I'd like to be able to "skip" weapona.

Edited by Jelan