Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Now That We Have The Hind

TheGambler_BR

No.

Burston needs it's strong recoil to differentiate it from the Hind.

Having the Burston be another Hind is pointless.

Burston is practically the only non-sniper, non-revolver weapon in the game with recoil

What are you talking about, nearly all firearms in the game have recoil to some significant degree.

My Braton has recoil, my Gorgon has recoil, my Latron Prime has recoil, even my Grakata has recoil. They almost all have recoil.

No.

Burston needs it's strong recoil to differentiate it from the Hind.

Having the Burston be another Hind is pointless.

What are you talking about, nearly all firearms in the game have recoil to some significant degree.

My Braton has recoil, my Gorgon has recoil, my Latron Prime has recoil, even my Grakata has recoil. They almost all have recoil.

I'm sorry, let me make it clearer.

The burston is the only weapon of all those you've mentioned that has revolver-like recoil.

Do not get me wrong, I love it (have just forma'd it for the fourth time). But this recoil is just... ridiculous. It makes no sense.

I've used most weapons in this game, and this (bar revolvers and snipers, which fire slow enough to recover from the recoil - except the vasto) is the only one that actually felt like it had recoil.

hek the only high stat at the grakata is recoil x3

I'm sorry, let me make it clearer.

The burston is the only weapon of all those you've mentioned that has revolver-like recoil.

Do not get me wrong, I love it (have just forma'd it for the fourth time). But this recoil is just... ridiculous. It makes no sense.

I've used most weapons in this game, and this (bar revolvers and snipers, which fire slow enough to recover from the recoil - except the vasto) is the only one that actually felt like it had recoil.

so you want your burstn buffed to be at the same lvl as hind, nvm the tiering because you placed 4 forma in it in short

LAWL

You people

Reducing the recoil will obviousy not bring the Burston anywhere close to being as powerful as the Hind. The Hind beats the Burston in all areas, not just the fact that it has no recoil. It will still be superior, and on the up side the Braton won't be as crappy.

Win-win.

Edited by Brimir

hek the only high stat at the grakata is recoil x3

so you want your burstn buffed to be at the same lvl as hind, nvm the tiering because you placed 4 forma in it in short

No. Reducing its recoil would not bring it to the save level as the hind.

The hind has higher DPS due to more rounds fired per burst. And it has a larger mag, too, so it has almost as many bursts per reload as the burston.

Meanwhile, burston's recoil is so extreme, it makes hitting a full burst at a target's head surprisingly hard at mid-range, even when compensating with the mouse (FPS fluctuation randomizes its RoF).

I'm all for it having a clear superior, but the burston's recoil is a little too extreme IMO.

i lvled the burston and managed on the way from 1~30 to handle the burstrecoil, if you have 4 formas in it, i think you should know, and control it better than me

______

you know that beside the amout of bullets in the burst and the accuracy burston and hind are completly the same brimir?

(magazine size isnt rly a issue imo)

Edited by Depar

you know that beside the amout of bullets in the burst and the accuracy burston and hind are completly the same brimir?

(magazine size isnt rly a issue imo

And the magazine size.

In all honesty, the Hind could also use a small buff. To, as said, better differentiate it from the Burston. Don't let the recoil be that characteristic. It's not a difference, it's a limitation.

i lvled the burston and managed on the way from 1~30 to handle the burstrecoil, if you have 4 formas in it, i think you should know, and control it better than me

______

(magazine size isnt rly a issue imo)

"You know that except these significant differences the guns are completely the same!"

LAWL

You people

Reducing the recoil will obviousy not bring the Braton anywhere close to being as powerful as the Hind. The Hind beats the Braton in all areas, not just the fact that it has no recoil. It will still be superior, and on the up side the Braton won't be as crappy.

Win-win.

you mean the BURSTON, right?

you mean the BURSTON, right?

In my defence the names are stupidly similar. Anyway:

Hind.

Damage: 30

Bullets: 5

Burston.

Damage: 30

Bullets: 3

Might seem similar on the surface, but add Multishot onto it and the capabilities of the Hind takes a great leap forward in comparison to the Burston.

Hind.

10x30=300

Burston.

6x30=180

That's almost twice the damage potential. Clearly recoil isn't the only advantage the Hind offers.

"You know that except these significant differences the guns are completely the same!"

the 5 shot burst is more a disadvatage to the 3 shot burst of the braton

even so the hind is supposed to be a direct upgrade from the burston

they should set the mastery lvl for the hind to 3~4 and it would be fine

Edited by Depar

the 5 shot burst is more a disadvatage to the 3 shot burst of the braton

even so the hind is supposed to be a direct upgrade from the burston

they should set the mastery lvl for the hind to 3~4 and it would be fine

Really?

Except when you need more than three bullets to kill something.

Which happens whenever you're facing enemies above level 40.

Might seem similar on the surface, but add Multishot onto it and the capabilities of the Hind takes a great leap forward in comparison to the Burston.

Realative difference do not change at all because of these.

A Hind with no mods is superior to an unmodded Burston by the same proportions.

Idea! Buff the burston's RoF, lower it's recoil but only slightly, so you can actually sorta aim. So it spits out the three round insanely fast, it stays on target mostly, and then kicks up high after the fact

Burston is in no need of such a buff.

The ONLY things it needs are a reduction to recoil and a fix to its RoF, so it fires as intended.

Burston should have small recoil and the Hind have the current Burston's recoil, it doesn't make sense to have a larger 5 shot burstfire rifle to not have recoil while a 3 shot compact carbine burstfire rifle has tons of recoil. 

Edited by __Kanade__

Only thing Burston needs is what all semi-autos need: a fix to the stupid fire rate bug.  Recoil is fine.  If you can't deal with it, you play with Hind.

Personally, I prefer the Burston.  True, the Hind does more damage, but it is horribly inefficient.

Recoil I find as inconsistent as the firerate bug, though.

Recoil I find as inconsistent as the firerate bug, though.

With the hind, yes.  With the Burston, I don't notice as much variability.  The Hind usually wants to walk up to the left or up to the right, never straight for me.  The Burston is more or less straight the whole way upin my experience which is why sliding down is so effective.

So comparing Burston with the Hind...

name:     Burtson | Hind

damage:            30|30

burst:                   3|5

mag:                  45|65

burst per mag:   15|13

rof:                       5|5

time to burst:     0.6|1

burst delay:     0.03|0.06

So an actual fire-delay period is 0.63 for Burston and 1.06 for Hind. This will cause 142 sustained dps on Burston and 141 sustained dps on Hind.

Burst delays are both affected by Shred and Speed trigger, causing burst delay to 10% per initial value. This is almost full-auto fire if you can click fast enough, but the main Burston advantage is here: ITS ROF IS SCALABLE WITH THE ROF MODS. So Burston keep existing as much more elitist's weapon and has 2 more burst per mag than Hind has. 

Burston absolutelly needs no recoil decreasing, it's good as is. Could say it as owner of both potatoed weapons. 

So addind a Hind is approving Burston as Tenno weapon, this make me waiting a Prime version of Burston.

Edited by MECT0HET

You can easily compensate for the recoil on you Burston with rate mods, I like it's recoil, instead let's see it with a damage boost so that those of us who want a higher skill burst weapon can have one that is competitive with the hind....I love my Burst on, but now have no reason to use it.