The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×
The Lotus Eaters: Known Issues ×

An error occured while updating Warframe (invalid platform) HELP..!!

SilentManiaq

i was playing just fine until yesterday , i ran the game exe , waited for it to update , and when the update was stuck at %100 for a while i aborted the update.Now when i click play on my steam i get this error , some say its about your windows version , im using win 10 , so i doubt thats the issue.

I had the same error and I might have found a solution for it. It seems when something goes wrong with launcher update , launcher gets messed up and steam won't recognize it as a proper executable.

Check  this folder on where warframe is installed.

Steam\steamapps\common\Warframe\Tools

You'll see a launcher.exe and lots of launcher.exes with some code and .TMP extension (e.g Launcher.exe~RF5a8fb06.TMP). I'm not a computer whiz but I believe those are older launcher backup/temp files.

Find whichever launcher.tmp is the most recent one and replace your broken launcher.exe with it

Relaunch the game with steam

It should repatch both launcher and game itself I believe.

Now I was able to get into game. I hope i didnt messed up my version or something 😁

Edited by DinendalMinyatur
  • Like 2

• 2 years later...
On 2018-06-24 at 9:02 AM, DinendalMinyatur said:

I had the same error and I might have found a solution for it. It seems when something goes wrong with launcher update , launcher gets messed up and steam won't recognize it as a proper executable.

Check  this folder on where warframe is installed.

Steam\steamapps\common\Warframe\Tools

You'll see a launcher.exe and lots of launcher.exes with some code and .TMP extension (e.g Launcher.exe~RF5a8fb06.TMP). I'm not a computer whiz but I believe those are older launcher backup/temp files.

Find whichever launcher.tmp is the most recent one and replace your broken launcher.exe with it

Relaunch the game with steam

It should repatch both launcher and game itself I believe.

Now I was able to get into game. I hope i didnt messed up my version or something 😁

Thanks so much!