The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×
The Lotus Eaters: Known Issues ×

The game appears to be rendered at a lower res after Sacrifice Update?

Novarg

So basically, it would appear that after the Sacrifice update was released, my game is being rendered at a lower resolution and then upscaled to true 1080p. I'm not entirely sure that's the case, but to prove my point

This is how my game used to look before the update. Everything maxed out at 1080p.

This is how the game looks NOW. No changes on my part whatsoever. As you can see, everything's covered in 'jaggies' and white dots, as if its rendered at a lower resolution or something.

At first I believed it to be an anti-aliasing related issue. However, changing the AA type from TXAA to FXAA and back, as well as disabling it altogether, did absolutely nothing. I've updated the drivers, reset everything to default, even reinstalled the game, but to no effect. The only thing that 'fixed' the issue for me was to enable Nvidia DSR and force the game to be rendered at 'fake' 1440p (or above), which made the game at least look as good as it did at 1080p prior to the update. Unfortunately, this forces me to play in Fullscreen mode with vsync enabled, which introduces terrible mouse lag. The second option is to endure atrocious screen tearing. Neither option is ideal, to be honest and I would very much like to go back to 1080p, but it makes my eyes bleed (I mean, LOOK at this).

When i ran out of options, I've decided to contact DE support. Them being as 'useful' as always, my ticket was in limbo for a week, only to receive an automated response, asking me to update my drivers (which I already did and wrote about in the ticket. Obviously nobody bothered to even read it, as per usual) and set my GPU power mode to Max Performance. Finally, the ticket was closed with another automated 'We'll pass it along' response. Like i said, extremely useful, as always 🙂

So, in the end the issue still persists and I can only choose between playing the game in 'eyebleed' mode, or an 1440p upscaled 'can't hit anything due to mouselag' mode, so I kinda stopped playing altogether.

Anyone else has this problem? Any solutions to this?

Specs:

i7-7700k 4.2ghz

16gb DDR4

1080Ti

Win 10 x64