Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Game Changing Mods/loadouts & More Difficult End-Game

TheWargiCorgi

So to start of with a little introduction of myself as this is my first post, I am a long time player of Warframe who started playing back in closed beta back when Update 2 was a big deal. Now I am 1 reset and 16 Warframes (all lv 30) and 78 (working to get them all lv 30) weapons. Even aftter Becoming a Grand Master Founder and reaching Masery Rank 10 I still think that the Warframe Mods System can improve. While I am not saying the current sytem is bad, I actuallly like the Mods 2.0  better. then you may be wondering, "Well then what are you referring to?". Well three things I am going to adress in this post are as follows: New Mods that actually change the mechanics of weapons already in place in the game, (i.e. Thunderbolt, Ammo Conversion, etc), a way to expand Weapon and Warframe Mods slots to accomadate more of these sort of Mods, and finally a more difficult end game that would justify the addition of extra mods slots to maxmize the punch from eah of your favorite Weapons and Warframes, Hero Mode (as a place holder name and is not akin to Nightmare mod and will ont drop Nightmare Mods), and Orokin Towers (more on this later). So without further ado lets begin.

To address my first point on the gameplay changing Mods. So as an example say you are using a weapon that has a charge feature on the weapon as a default mechanism (lets exclude Miter and Bows as they have the click o shoot feature but this concept could suit the similar purposes on these Weapons) what if there was a mod that allowed these weaons to click to fire for a reduction of their original damage (i.e. the Lanka's 250 base) at unranked to would be for 12.5% original damage and also doubles the charge time for a increase in the damage multiplier that the weapon gains in its full charge at base would have a 1x damage multiplier and on max at level 3 of the mod it would be a multiplier of 4x. However you do not Have to charge the weapon fully to be able to shoot as there would be charge increments i.e. click 50% multiplier, original charge time for 1x damage, or the full charge for the 4x multiplier. Now say if you dont use charged weapons and instead use inaccurate, slow moving bolt/ projectile weapons with quite a kick on them? Well, what about mods to help that out i.e. decreased recoil mods, increased accuracy mods and increased projectile speed mods. an interested feature would be if they provided tradeoffs aka with less recoil comes less firerate, more accuracy  increases recoil, and for faster projectile speed the projectiles would lose damage and accuracy at long range from the lighter projectiles. Now these are all examles of possibilities so take them as you will but they are just ideas to get the creative juices flowing if you have some good ideas write them don below lets get thi conversation going.

Now, you may be thinking "These mods are cool and all but my builds have no room for them" well that is where my second idea comes in. What if there was a sort of Orokin tech that would allow the increase of mod slots akin to forma and the two variants of space potatoes. These could eiyther be founf as rare drops form defense or void as bp's or researched in the clan dojo and are used like forma each one used resets the level of a weapon and adds one mod slot for a max of either 4-6 extra and each additional slot adds 5 mods points for a max of 20-30 additional points. Another idea instead of adding both mod points into one (if that feature becomes an issue) would be to issolate the Mod points on the left from the right and thus force weaker mods or fewer more powerful mods. Either solution would allow for more expansive and interesting customization and the allowance of more powerful Weapons and Warframes.

Now, my final point if we start building these powerful weapons with many mods on them how do we justify end game? Simple, two new more challenging features mission types. At the moment the most difficult missions are Tier 3 Void missions or Endless defense on the late levels so to diversify the challenge across all of warframe what if those who have cleared their entire star chart had the way to go back thorugh mssions to face increased difficulties and have the chances for better mods, more challenge, more experience, boss drops exclusive to this mode a.k.a. powerful "Tier 1" Weapons ol;y unlocked through these boss battles that make the bosses muh larger threats (maybe even more difficult mechanics exclusive to this mode). Thes emodes will have to be unlocked across the solar chart and normal (non Assassination missions) will sport special Hero mode only mechanics (similar to the unique boss mechanics) and would throw wrenches into the current gameplay of Warframe creating incentive to play this new mode, which also could include Hero mode ONLY mods akin to Nightmare or Void only mods. All of this plus the new boss mechanics and the addition of every boss each having its own unique weapons that had chances to drop form then in similar fassion as Vor's Seer Pistol.

EDIT: I forgot to adrees the Orkin Tower Idea I had. These would not be similar to OVid keys in the respect that they are not VOid key only they would also pop up sporadically for those who have cleared a system similar ro alerts and would act like a endless defense and you have to hack a door (plug in lotus while she hacks) survive for a certain amount of time then advance afloor and each floor throw ina  sort of mini boss and on every fifth floor an actual void tower unique boss and every 5th leval have the chance to quit out with what you have or risk it all for the next 5 waves.

Again I am only one person so if you have any better ideas leave them down below and we'll spark some discussion. Thanks for listening/ reading and I'm lookignforward to some brainstorming with others of the community.

Edited by NitroTrigger137

Watch the last livestream. They discussed having multiple mod loadouts, longtime player burnout, repetitive gameplay.

And apologies if I skimmed some parts of this dense, dense text, but seems like what you're talking about is more suited for the Fan Concepts forum, ranther than feedback.

Honestly...I think the problem here is that if there was a way to expand slots, gamers would simply drop more utility mods into those slots, and you'd be right back to where you are now.

As for mods that have "Alternate Effects" I think those should be more along the line of special attacks.  However, you'd be back to the current problem of damage not properly scaling on special attacks.

Your text is like my favorite Nightmare Mission:

Walk in...

...see that it is Energy drain & no shields...

...press escape...

...abort mission.

And what's wrong with that type of nightmare mission? Is it..too hard for you?

Watch the last livestream. They discussed having multiple mod loadouts, longtime player burnout, repetitive gameplay.

And apologies if I skimmed some parts of this dense, dense text, but seems like what you're talking about is more suited for the Fan Concepts forum, ranther than feedback.

I mean adding weapon slots and the choice to use these new gmae changing mods

Honestly...I think the problem here is that if there was a way to expand slots, gamers would simply drop more utility mods into those slots, and you'd be right back to where you are now.

As for mods that have "Alternate Effects" I think those should be more along the line of special attacks.  However, you'd be back to the current problem of damage not properly scaling on special attacks.

yeah but it gives player snthe choice to use  or creat more unique loadouts

I'm not so sure about adding more mod slots. I think that the limited numbers of mods you can have on any given item is currently just about the only true limit to how powerful a weapon can be. I think you were at something with more potential when you suggested a trade-off. 

My proposal would be to make most major mods and certainly the big ones (Serration, Hornet-Strike, Redirection etc) each have some kind of draw-back.

This will result in how we mod equipment not being ""what we put on after all the necessary damage/shield mods"" and becoming more along the lines of seriously thinking about how the mods you apply interact with each other.

This however comes with its own issues. Those of us rank 7+ (I am rank 8.5) walk the game-world like Gods smiting all who oppose us, but for new players ranks 0-4 the game is still pretty damn challenging and they clutch for every damage boost they can get because its not about making weapons OP for them, its about being strong enough to stand a chance in the next planet's missions. So there needs to be consideration for ALL players. Not just late-gamers

And what's wrong with that type of nightmare mission? Is it..too hard for you?

Nope, nothing wrong with it.. but there is no point in doing it either when you can just skip and play the other mutators. It's like not going past wave 15 in endless defense. No point ;)

I'm not so sure about adding more mod slots. I think that the limited numbers of mods you can have on any given item is currently just about the only true limit to how powerful a weapon can be. I think you were at something with more potential when you suggested a trade-off. 

My proposal would be to make most major mods and certainly the big ones (Serration, Hornet-Strike, Redirection etc) each have some kind of draw-back.

This will result in how we mod equipment not being ""what we put on after all the necessary damage/shield mods"" and becoming more along the lines of seriously thinking about how the mods you apply interact with each other.

This however comes with its own issues. Those of us rank 7+ (I am rank 8.5) walk the game-world like Gods smiting all who oppose us, but for new players ranks 0-4 the game is still pretty damn challenging and they clutch for every damage boost they can get because its not about making weapons OP for them, its about being strong enough to stand a chance in the next planet's missions. So there needs to be consideration for ALL players. Not just late-gamers

while I do agree with what you said I would think that the addition of mod slots would create a sort of imbalance in normal play but with the possibility if the addition of cells (look in hot topics in gameplay topics) or even simply a more challenging late game would create reasons to add extra mod slots to stack up to the competition/challenge.