Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Particle Affects

ocr111

I already made a topic similar to this but this is a slightly different question. I am sure that many of you have seen the Warframe profile videos on youtube and when they use the abilities they have some epic particle effects. I was wondering if it was possible for the developers/animators etc to make these epic particle effects in game as just a normal feature without haveing to use a Nvidia Graphics card with those phsyx effects things whatever they are called. I would really like this. Could someone tell me if this is possible please.

I mean there could be an option just to turn on the particles without needing a graphics card of somesort

without a powerful enough graphics card (complete with graphics processor and graphical ram) nothing is possible. the power produced by the separate processor and ram held on the gfx card make these games work. integrated graphics controllers just entirely lack the power, and as well, using system ram for graphical is a lot slower. so much so that it's not worth it.

which brings me to:

Again, it's perfectly doable by a CPU of sufficient power, which would up the minimum system requirements substantially.

making physx run via other hardware would mean that hardware has to do "double duty" by processing the game, and it's graphical elements

(which goes back to point 1 i made - in that using system ram and the cpu for graphical data is a lot slower than a dedicated cpu and ram)

And you apparently haven't the slightest about bolting on API elements after the fact.

You would be able to turn them off like any other graphics setting. Srsly, that's what I meant by not being creative. How can you not think of that? Every game has their low, medium, high settings. Sure Warframe has it like on/off but you get what Im trying to say. It wouldn't up the minimum system requirements. I have an nVidia card and I can turn Physx on and off. Physx isn't a permanent enabled feature in this game =_=. Disabling it gives quite the performance boost during battles.

-snip-

I dont have that on my page o:

Edited by R3leaZ

They don't HAVE to use Physx, but it's pretty clear they're currently in a partnership with nVidia, there are plenty of other competing solutions to use.

Again, this would be both added expense and time.

Given the choice would anyone use anything else rather than PhysX? I mean, it's got a great API and we all know that it works seriously well

Given the choice would anyone use anything else rather than PhysX? I mean, it's got a great API and we all know that it works seriously well

To be platform agnostic and potentially future-proof is one possible benefit.

You would be able to turn them off like any other graphics setting. Srsly, that's what I meant by not being creative. How can you not think of that? Every game has their low, medium, high settings. Sure Warframe has it like on/off but you get what Im trying to say. It wouldn't up the minimum system requirements. I have an nVidia card and I can turn Physx on and off. Physx isn't a permanent enabled feature in this game =_=. Disabling it gives quite the performance boost during battles.

You have no idea what the topic actually entails.

To be platform agnostic and potentially future-proof is one possible benefit.

You have no idea what the topic actually entails.

Well that's quite a fail on my part. Had a translation problem and ended up digging my own grave rofl. My apologies.

English isn't my native language so expect me to not only screw up once >_>

Edited by R3leaZ