Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Monachus, the martial-artist.

This frame is centered around using martial arts to get up close to and melee enemies to death.

My other ideas: https://forums.warframe.com/topic/977109-the-bugle’s-stuff/

Base hp: 150

Base shields: 100

Amor: 200

Sprint speed: 1.15

Abilities:

Passive: Every stack of focused increases melee attack speed and cast speed. Shorter melee weapons have greater crit chance. Longer melee weapons have greater crit damage.

Attack/cast speed buff: 2% per stack multiplied after mods. Max 30%. Crit chance: +30% raw when weapon range is under 1m, after mods. Crit damage: +1.5x if range is greater than 1m.

Ability 1: Roundhouse kick. Do a roundhouse kick, circling around twice. You deal the dmg twice, but enemies have a window to escape the radius, and only take it once. Gain one stack of focused, plus another for every 5 hits dealt, up to 4 additional stacks.

Costs 15 energy. Deals 20/40/60/80 impact damage. Radius: .8/1.6/2.4/3.2m.

Ability 2: Exploding palm. Sheath all weapons, and face palm an enemy, literally blowing up in its face, stunning it and dealing blast and impact aoe dmg. Gain one stack of focused, plus another for every 3 enemies hit. Max 3 additional stacks.

Costs 25 energy. Deals 30/60/90/120 blast dmg and equal impact. Radius: 1/2/3/4m. Stun duration: 1/2/3/4s. Stun only affects target, not full aoe.

Definitely inspired by diablo.

Ability 3: Monastic pace. Consume 5 stacks of focused, and gain chance to dodge attacks. Does not dodge aoe damage.

Costs 50 energy. Dodge chance: 50/65/80/90%. Max 95% with mods. Duration: 3/6/9/12s.

Ability 4: Monastic rhythm. Ramp up channeled ability. Every melee attack increases ramp up by 2%, up to standard 100%. Increases melee damage, attack speed, movement speed, and cast speed based on ramp up.

Cost 2 energy/sec + (ramp %*.4). Max cost: 42 energy/sec. All speeds : +20% + (ramp % * 1.5). Max speed: + 170%. Absurdly fast, but absurdly expensive, too.

* Unlimited stacks of focused are allowed, only max 30% from passive.

Edited by (XB1)FlawlessBugle68

I LOVE that passive idea with the variation in buffs based on what equipment you use. I can really see this frame being the 'Kung Fu Monk' counterpart to Wukongs whimsical personality. 

The thing that really sticks out to me is that the use of your melee weapon really contributes to the way you play with Monachus, which is a great name by the way. Monachus, ooh powerful. The adaptation to the range of your attacks interplaying with your playstyle is a cool idea.

Monastic Pace may also be the greatest damage mitigation ability I've ever seen conceptualized: A chance to avoid damage not because you're invulnerable but because you're unhittable. Brilliant. The percentages could maybe be a bit lower so that only a full power strength investment could have you reach 100% dodge chance but that's not really important considering other invulnerability abilities in the game.

My only question is would AoE attacks be included in the chance to dodge or would only direct attacks by weapons fire and melees count?

Otherwise another great concept. (If you couldnt tell im really partial to close quarter frame ideas)

Thanks, I actually used the same name I used for my monk when I played Diablo 3 a while back. It’s literally Latin for “monk”.

13 minutes ago, (PS4)TwistedInstincts said:

My only question is would AoE attacks be included in the chance to dodge or would only direct attacks by weapons fire and melees count?

I hadn’t even thought about that... It does not protect against aoe, no. I’ll clarify that. I’ll make it unable to surpass 95%, too.

Thanks for the support, I wanted to make a dynamic, balanced, melee-based frame. I then thiught of Diablo and said “Ah-ha!”. 

Edited by (XB1)FlawlessBugle68