Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Getting stuck

Uthael

So, I got stuck into some geometry again. Happens to me a lot, but this time was special. It was on some Lua mission, some debris came falling from the ceiling, right on top of my speeding head. The animation was too slow and I got stuck in the geometry after it ended.

/unstuck didn't work. It just put me in the middle of a rock. After some wiggling, pushing and glitching, I managed to fall through the floor. But after the fall, I respawned in the rock again. Again... And again. But third time was a charm and I got out.

My suggestion would be to make it kill the player. Or at least do 800-1000 damage and a knockback. But seriously, I'd have no problems getting burried under that rubble and having to revive. Would be an unpleasant suprise, but yet another new experience and would make sense (considering how much damage a blunt swing from an enemy human can do).

And shorten the /unstuck to /stuck. And then to /st (I used .st a lot in WoW). It's bothersome having to type it all.
And make it usable in situations where the most versatile humanoid AI wouldn't be able to pathfind their way out (inside a big rock, between 2 locked doors, under a map,...). Remove the cooldown and make it do a different kind of a check the next time it's used.

I'm a ninja 😛

Here are the pictures. I play with the map overlay. You can see my view and the location in the level. Managed to catch a very dark one so the map is more visible.

Greenshot_2018_07_02_00_19_24_000059.jpg Greenshot_2018_07_02_00_19_33_000060.jpg

P.S.: DON'T fix stuff with unexplainably inaccessible areas filled with rewind-teleports or invisible walls. I HATE those. I like exploring, I like freedom. And I'll always welcome seeing the hollow insides of a rock more than some unexplained force-field.

P.P.S: Make someone fix the image upload for this forums. I'd make more feedback if it weren't such a bother to upload images!

Edited by Uthael

And then they should give you a cocktail with a slice of lemon too.

And give you 100 dollars for the annoyance. Seems legit.

The only thing worth of attention here is the /unstuck not working, the rest is just rant.

1 minute ago, Kyryo said:

And then they should give you a cocktail with a slice of lemon too.

And give you 100 dollars for the annoyance. Seems legit.

The only thing worth of attention here is the /unstuck not working, the rest is just rant.

That's true

Nonono, I didn't mean to rant. I thought it would turn out that way, so I made the important part bold. My suggestion is to make the terrain more interactive with the player, as it's not something that happened here.

Edit: It's criticism, not rant 😛
And I provided as much detail as possible, which is good, I hope.
Not angry. Not swearing and don't want to insult anyone here.

Edited by Uthael

• 4 weeks later...
On 2018-07-05 at 11:18 AM, Uthael said:

Nonono, I didn't mean to rant. I thought it would turn out that way, so I made the important part bold. My suggestion is to make the terrain more interactive with the player, as it's not something that happened here.

Edit: It's criticism, not rant 😛
And I provided as much detail as possible, which is good, I hope.
Not angry. Not swearing and don't want to insult anyone here.

Clearly there's not enough attention to this issue. There is a very detailed description of the problem + suggestion on how to mitigate it temporarily. Yet, the only attention it brings are 2 idiots, one sarcastic fool that clearly didn't understand the content and one fool to further his bias.

For this, I quit warframe.

Careless devs.