Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Ivara's Artemis Bow Bug?

TerraByte_

When in-game, whether I be in the Sanctuary Onslaught or on a basic mission, on the occasion that I draw Ivara's Artemis Bow ability, it causes a bug where I will NOT draw the bow, and all my other abilities are, as the game says, "Ability already in use". Is it possible if this could be fixed? I do enjoy Ivara and would like it so my weapons and abilities get restricted out of nowhere.

I have yet to encounter this bug with Ivara, however I did encounter it with Umbra twice when I rapidly transferenced out, dashed, transferenced back in, and immediately mashed Exalted Blade. It was like I overloaded the system with extremely rapid commands. He made the motion to begin summoning it (drew his right hand over and touched it to his left) then just didn't and couldn't use any weapons or abilities. Had to leave the mission both times, also was not host both times I'm sure that has something to do with it. 

Knowing it can happen to Ivara as well is unfortunate as I was hoping it was another of the plethora of Umbra specific bugs, but I imagine if Ivara also suffers then the other exalted weapon users may as well. I'd be interested to know what exactly you were doing just before the bug, and also curious if any Wukong/Valkyr players have encountered this. 

I just got Ivara a couple days ago and I have been getting the exact same bug.  I haven't been able to pinpoint the exact method to replicate it, but it does prevent all abilities from being used.  Dying also doesn't fix it either.

I've been experiencing parts of this bug since getting Ivara the other day.

I'm using a Helios with Vacuum which I think may impact it (not sure if other Sentinels would impact, but I assume they would as long as using Vacuum).

First encountered this where if I just used her 4th ability, Vacuum would suck up all energy but would not add it into my Warframe until I used something else (other than firing the bow) that expended energy. This could include any other ability, including deactivating and then reactivating the bow. The problem is if I did not have enough energy left to use any other abilities, it would just stay stuck without me being able to use an ability.

Somehow during a mission just a minute ago, I encountered this but then had all my energy restored. I was then still unable to use abilities and got the 'Ability in use' message. As well, I noticed my vacuum had started to accumulate Ammo and Energy that was not getting to my Warframe. I then ran out of ammo for my main weapon and tried to swap, but unfortunately nothing happened => then I tried to melee and that wouldn't work as well. So then I was just stuck as a body for the rest of the mission (until I managed to get myself killed). After reviving though, it appeared most was fixed except I was stuck in the Ivara 4th ability bow stance, but it wouldn't actively hurt anything with the arrows I shot until I reactivated the ability. I can't say it was just a visual bug as my primary/secondary weapons weren't firing in this case either, and I actually got the multi-arrow visual passing through enemies (also checked for Limbo real quick, but had none :P).

Summary:

- 4th ability + vacuum causes pickup and drag of energy orbs and occasionally ammo until another ability expends energy (unless you drop to 0, then you're stuck)

- In the above case, after somehow getting a full energy restore after hitting 0, was suddenly unable to use anything else (swap weapons), and eventually ran out of ammo since vacuum was holding it all

Edit - new portion of bug:

Just checked my last mission results, was trying to level a Boar and it was the weapon I ended up stuck using. At end of mission all my other gear got Affinity but the Boar stayed at 8 with absolutely no experience gained. 35Ae5rU.jpg

Edited by warjah
New issue related to bug

This bug has been happening to me a lot lately. Ever since the new Ivara augment came out I have noticed it. To be honest I wasn't using her Artimus bow a lot before that, but ever since I have been and it is clearly bugged. I don't know the exact circumstances, but I do know it is time-bound. The first couple of items picked up by vacuum will work just fine. This includes ammo and energy orbs, but after a while it will stop adding the ammo and energy. This is sometimes fixed by quickly deactivating and reactivating Artimus bow, but if not done it will indeed lock up everything. And I mean everything. The player won't be able to use:

- Other abilities

- Transference into operator

- Animations from the Q-bound menu

- Items from the Q-bound menu

- Other weapons (as you won't be able to switch to them)

https://mega.nz/#!Ifhh3AjY!-YeznnJPCxDIdCZ39tn8QPbaH2qbbLep-LpaKTJhMgw

https://mega.nz/#!Qb5hgSCD!v7Id2IB_HrTf_9wYIvbXU4WB0zfz-ZkZ7Qsv36rSBus

Here are two links (which i hope work), which show the behaviour of the frame.

This can happen prety much at any time, but usualy happens after prolonged activation of the ability.

Edited by Bloddyeye

Same bug for me, press 4, no bow comes out, but every time I try to use an ability or swap weapons I get, "ability already in use." Only fix is death for me. But it happens again shortly after even while its working it will just stop and be stuck in my hands.