Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Alert mission levels dont corospond to planet mission levels

CageyLobster

First as a newer player I can't express how convoluted Warframes difficulty system is to quantify...what is a level 12-15 mission?  What is a level 60 mission?  It makes no sense you use arbitrary numbers to represent a difficulty.

Ok, now on to my real issue.  

Duckbilled

Jul 5, 11:40 EDT

I took an "Alert Mission" that was level called Eurasia (Earth) Level 7-9 Exterminate - Grineer Reward 4,400 + Accelerated Blast.

I load into the mission, my Warframe has no longer has it's shields and only has a health pool and the enemy is level 15+ and is killing me within a matter of seconds. I quit the mission and look on the map interface at the mission location and it shows that mission is a Nightmare version and is levels 17-19.  I didn't use the map to select the mission.  I auto launched it by the alert button in the upper right UI.

Agan the system of using an arbitrary level system that isn't associated in any discernible method is already irritating. It is compounded when the missions don't show the actual difficulty from one screen to the next. This is one of my biggest complaints with this game.

level 12-15 means the enemies are level 12-15. As for your argument with the alert saying the wrong level i agree it makes no sense. i dont think it used to be like that i think it is something that has accidentally happened in a recent update

actually it makes perfect sense to me.In my opinion, if the difficulty curve is a straight line then it would be rather boring cause everything would be predictable. you'll always have the upper hand against enemies with no randomness.seems to me, alerts are designed to introduce that randomness and difficulty.(for new players at least, game does a poor job of explaining things to new players)

also all alerts with nightmare mod has higher level of enemies and a 'no shield' debuff, in exchange for the difficulty you are guaranteed to get the specified mod which would be rather hard to get from regular nightmare missions due to other mods in the drop list. Though it would have been nice if we could access these information within the game. There is a tip about this in loading screen tips which is totally random but not much else.

29 minutes ago, Duckbilled said:

I took an "Alert Mission" that was level called Eurasia (Earth) Level 7-9 Exterminate - Grineer Reward 4,400 + Accelerated Blast.

I load into the mission, my Warframe has no longer has it's shields and only has a health pool and the enemy is level 15+ and is killing me within a matter of seconds. I quit the mission and look on the map interface at the mission location and it shows that mission is a Nightmare version and is levels 17-19.  I didn't use the map to select the mission.  I auto launched it by the alert button in the upper right UI.

If the mission has a Mod as a reward, check whether it's Nightmare before heading into the mission.  Not all will be but you'll get a feel for it after a while.

Alert Nightmare missions are also always 'no shield' mode (other Nightmare missions can be different) so take something with a good pool of health.  Inaros and Nidus are both excellent options because they naturally have no shield to begin with.  Healing frames are also often appreciated by your team ;).

Unfortunately this is pretty much a case of "Welcome to Warframe" where documentation is a secondary concern, even in the UI.  To be honest, the Nightmare not being shown in the alert thing is something I thought they would fix with the new UI but apparently not.

What I will say is that DE is a fan of "dirty tricks".  This issue, enemies that suck the buffs clean off your warframe, drain your energy, CC lock you and so on are how they achieve "challenge".  These are honestly the worst thing Warframe does to newer players, not the lack of appropriate documentation.  The good news is you get used to it all fairly quickly and relatively easy strategies overcome every single one of them.  All things considered they're only minor hiccoughs in the power fantasy.

Thanks for everyone's reply and help.  I think that if the alert mission is showing level 7-9 I would think that should be the level when loading in.  I wouldn't have taken it with the frame I was on or the gear I had.  But, like I said I was new and didn't know I needed to be double checking disparities between one screen of the UI and another.

But again thanks for everyone's help.  I will definitely do more checking before I just hit the "launch" button.  

• 1 month later...

Yes, I had to explain this at least two times in the past. 

In my eyes this is a bug, because the info in the alert menu entry is not only misleading, it is plain wrong. Here is a screenshot demonstrating the problem:

8nnYnqb.jpg