The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×
The Lotus Eaters: Known Issues ×

Curious Behavior Using Custom Refresh Rate After The Sacrifice Update

DoctorCandor

Hello,

This may be a very specific/niche bug but Warframe after The Sacrifice update (Update 23 with no hotfixes) responds very curiously when setting a custom refresh rate of 65 hz on a 1920x1200 monitor (16:10 aspect ratio) using DirectX 11.

My current system specs are:

i5-4690k
GTX 1060 3GB
2x8 GB RAM

I have a custom refresh rate of 65 hz set up in the Nvidia Control Panel at 1920x1200. When I try to apply the 65hz frame rate in-game at 1920x1200 with V-sync ON, the game visually freezes but I can still hear the game respond when I press the escape key. After I force quit the game, the game crashes after the launcher is used with the error "Insufficient video memory". The only way for me to revert the game back to 60 hz at that point is to force the game to run using DX9 via the settings menu on the launcher and then restart the game using DX11 via the same menu. I have repeated this scenario multiple times with the exact same results.

I am only slightly disappointed that I can no longer take advantage of an additional 5 hz on my monitor with V-sync ON, but I would appreciate it if this minor issue can be looked into. Running the game with V-sync OFF with a cap of 72hz works just fine.

Edit: added more details.

Edited by DoctorCandor