The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Universal Movility Fifth Skill?

lautalocos

what about making a new mod slot (just like the aura mod, only for a fifth skill) for a fifth skill which can be used for every warframe?

that would make each warframe a lot more customizable.

there could be a super jump (change excalibur skill to something else and if you want that skill you can choose as you fifth skill), a dash(multiplied by the sprint speed of the warframe, so it´s equally usefull for each one) and other stuff! (my imagination is not the best, as you can see)

Instead of another special slot, why not just allow them in one of the 10 mod slots? I think stacking mobility skills works fine, really. If you want super jump + extra jump height + Ash-style teleport, I say why not. Why limit it to a slot?

And it would be good that it takes up another precious mod slot too, because players shouldn't keep adding to their frame. They need to make concessions on one thing or another.

Instead of another special slot, why not just allow them in one of the 10 mod slots? I think stacking mobility skills works fine, really. If you want super jump + extra jump height + Ash-style teleport, I say why not. Why limit it to a slot?

And it would be good that it takes up another precious mod slot too, because players shouldn't keep adding to their frame. They need to make concessions on one thing or another.

well, i don´t think you should be able to stack them, it´s more of an unique choice and the idea is that you use the 5 button to activate it, not making the game one those 10 quick-bars abilitys F***-fests, but maybe making it use one of the 10 slots is not a bad idea

I like the concept but I strongly believe DE needs to create new ability mods players can choose from to customize their warframes.  Whole new abilities like melee/martial arts abilities that give depth to the gameplay.  While op's concept would be cool it doesn't go far enough with ability customization.

Edited by alocrius

In theory, it's a good idea, but implementing it would render half of the frames almost useless. As far as mobility goes, the reason people pick Volt is for Speed. The reason people pick Excal is to Jump. Ash is Teleport. Nova is Wormhole. Loki is Switch Teleport. Vauban is Bounce.

You give a Rhino Bounce, and where is Vauban's mobility advantage? Give Saryn Teleport, and where is Ash's mobility advantage?

I think that DE can expand their Auras to include faster stamina regen or slower stamina usage, faster running speed, and higher jumps, where it can affect and stack with the whole team. 3/7/11/15% rates for these mobility auras, so you don't risk Lokis going supersonic, or Excal going into orbit...

Giving all the frames the same mobility skills as on other frames would need a lot of reworking skills to replace/buff whats already on the frames..

In theory, it's a good idea, but implementing it would render half of the frames almost useless. As far as mobility goes, the reason people pick Volt is for Speed. The reason people pick Excal is to Jump. Ash is Teleport. Nova is Wormhole. Loki is Switch Teleport. Vauban is Bounce.

You give a Rhino Bounce, and where is Vauban's mobility advantage? Give Saryn Teleport, and where is Ash's mobility advantage?

I think that DE can expand their Auras to include faster stamina regen or slower stamina usage, faster running speed, and higher jumps, where it can affect and stack with the whole team. 3/7/11/15% rates for these mobility auras, so you don't risk Lokis going supersonic, or Excal going into orbit...

Giving all the frames the same mobility skills as on other frames would need a lot of reworking skills to replace/buff whats already on the frames..

i didn´t mean for them to make all movility skills universal, i mean´t one, superjump. and make other new skills. the dash is just like a the dash in megaman, just a quick dash in some direction to evade attacks more easily

I like this idea.

It would also be nice if some of the worthless mods had their own area to go in that didn't detract from your frame's mod slot pool. For example, Marathon, Quick Rest, and Acrobat are pretty much useless -- not literally, as some players (such as myself) use them for gimmick builds.

Aside from the brief amusement gained from a gimmick build, these mods serve no purpose. When you master the use of sliding, animation canceling, and/or using the Zorens, you never run out of stamina and even if you did it wouldn't slow you down. If I ever want to do anything serious, I'm not going to sacrifice an ability mod, Stretch, Flow, Focus, Constitution, or anything important like that for a gimmick mod.

If there was a separate place to equip them, then yeah I would definitely throw on Heavy Impact or maybe Acrobat just to have fun seeing what I could do with them.

edit: Maybe Marathon and Quick Rest don't count here, because new players definitely find those useful. Still, I think my other two examples, Acrobat and Heavy Impact, qualify.

Edited by litlir

i didn´t mean for them to make all movility skills universal, i mean´t one, superjump. and make other new skills. the dash is just like a the dash in megaman, just a quick dash in some direction to evade attacks more easily

Even if it was just Super Jump that was made universal, what happens to Excalibur's signature "shortcut" skill when everyone can use it? It becomes useless, since the frame would be outclassed by every other frame Jumping to the same spots and using their own powers to more effect.

As for dodging attacks, get more practice with evasion rolls, flips, slides, and wallruns.

Even if it was just Super Jump that was made universal, what happens to Excalibur's signature "shortcut" skill when everyone can use it? It becomes useless, since the frame would be outclassed by every other frame Jumping to the same spots and using their own powers to more effect.

As for dodging attacks, get more practice with evasion rolls, flips, slides, and wallruns.

that´s why i said that maybe they should change excalibur superjump, and if a excalibur user still wants to superjump, he can equip the movility ability.

the dash was just an example, maybe it´s way faster than rolling (rolling doesn´t actually help you evade bullets, enemies have pin-point accuracy), and they could make other kinds of movilty skills. it´s just so that the warframes feel a little bit more faster overall

I like this idea.

It would also be nice if some of the worthless mods had their own area to go in that didn't detract from your frame's mod slot pool. For example, Marathon, Quick Rest, and Acrobat are pretty much useless -- not literally, as some players (such as myself) use them for gimmick builds.

-snip-

Those mods can actually be very useful if paired with the right play style. That play style may be considered a "Gimmick" to you, but could be someone else's bread and butter. Don't toss out a fair selection of mods as useless just because they don't fit your min/max building.

that´s why i said that maybe they should change excalibur superjump, and if a excalibur user still wants to superjump, he can equip the movility ability.

the dash was just an example, maybe it´s way faster than rolling (rolling doesn´t actually help you evade bullets, enemies have pin-point accuracy), and they could make other kinds of movilty skills. it´s just so that the warframes feel a little bit more faster overall

If you want Super Jump (Or any other mobility skill), why not use the frame it was designed for?

This is asking the devs to develop more code to allow mobility skills to be used universally, more skills to be made to replace those lost skills, a lot of possible balance, gameplay, and bug issues, and who knows what else..

Auras with buffs to run speed or jump height, or less stamina use (for the whole team, and not individual as the current mods do), is what SHOULD be done about any mobility problems you are talking about.

As far as the current evasion movements, the rolls and flips make you invulnerable to damage during the animation, and the slide can get you behind cover pretty quickly. Wallrun jumps can also get you out of range very quickly.

http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Maneuvers

Edited by PettiTheYeti