The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×
The Lotus Eaters: Known Issues ×

Volt's 4 Causing Performance Issues in Elite Sanctuary Onslaught

TOGSolid

I've started messing around in Elite Sanctuary Onslaught and have found that people are starting to run Volts modded for range that fire off their 4 to nuke the entire level.  When other players are using this build it quickly begins causing performance issues like huge FPS drops and laggy hitching as we go into higher levels that have more density and enemies with more HP resulting in the ability firing off more.  My system performance did return to normal after exiting the match and getting out of the disco light show and when I ran the build I found that I suffered no performance issues leading me to believe this is an isolated network issue. 

I've played ESO with Saryns doing Saryn things with no issues so I don't think the issue has anything to do with the mechanics of his 4, but instead has something to do with the visual effects of the lightning going from enemy to enemy resulting in the game bogging down as it tries to communicate what is going on with that effect when other players utilize it.  After a particularly egregious lag spike, someone else in squad chat commented that they felt that one too so it wasn't just a problem on my end.

This is the only time I ever have performance issues on my PC in Warframe, or in general, so it is specific to this one problem.

I7-3770K
ASUS Strix GeForce 1080
16GB RAM
100 MBP/S internet

Edited by TOGSolid

• 4 weeks later...