The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Question Concerning Computer Drawing Things

JSTboi

So I've seen these and have been wondering what they are called exactly? Those tablets and things that you can write on with a stylus and it writes on your computer screen on for example, Photoshop? Because I'm really a paper artist but I want to expand this onto the digital world. So what are those tablet things called? Just tablets? And if anyone uses one or knows a really good one or a trusted company, can you give me a link or something?

I think they are in fact just called tablets.

I personally have no experience in the field but I heard good things from some people about Wacom and their Bamboo series. But maybe someone more knowledgeable will refute that ;)

Edited by Geisterklinge

yay i can be useful :D

there are a few brands that make these tablets but by far the most popular and probablly most reliable brand is Wacom.

there are many different version tablets they have ranging in price and quality.

there are 3 main types of tablets that wacom make, the Bamboo, intuos, and cintuq series.

Bamboo series pertain of tablets that are just tablets and maybe some shortcut buttons on the side and a pen with 2 buttons

Intuos are similar to bamboo except they have a wider range of sensitivty, I believe, and alot more shortcut buttons and utilities

CIntuq are for pros. Or just someone with money to throw around. They are just so orgasmic for the eyes....they actually have a screen you can draw directly on....OMGDONTMAKEMETALKABOUTITANYMORE

if you're just starting off drawing on computers I would suggest starting off with the bamboo capture or create, these 2 are basically the same except the bamboo create has a bigger drawing space.

I currently own the Bamboo capture

Drawing or Graphic tablets - If you are serious about expanding into digital art get a Wacom, if not get something cheaper - I've owned a bamboo a cintiq and now an Intuos 5, they're really worth the price

could you let me admire some of your work..? q.q

• 4 months later...

G4owXZU.jpg

can anyone link me to some some credible and cheap ones, maybe under 100 USD that you guys find to work very well? Might be buying one as a last minute gift. Search engines for some reason have not been working with stuff lately.

Edited by JSTboi

can anyone link me to some some credible and cheap ones, maybe under 100 USD that you guys find to work very well? Might be buying one as a last minute gift. Search engines for some reason have not been working with stuff lately.

Try Monoprice, they're pretty popular budget tablets. My friends say they're on par with Wacom Bamboo and similar, but I haven't tried one myself. You can find them by going on Amazon and searching "monoprice tablet" pretty easily, there's a few sizes. You generally want big as possible without getting beyond lap size.

Re: search engines, sounds like you might wanna do a virus scan. 9/10 times or more when someone says something like this to me they have some stupid malware or toolbar they haven't picked up on.

Edited by BadPoetry