Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Idea for new raid-ish game mode

FortM

After Tennolive 2018 revealed the new game mode: Railjack and teasing a Sentient invasion, i spent the night trying calm down my hype and think about the possibilities that this opens up. I came up with a game mode that may or may not be considered a raid.

Name: ???

Faction: Sentient

Players: 8 (or more?)

Premise: Simply put, multiple Sentient carriers have appeared in Earth's orbit above the plains with the intention of destroying/take control of the Orokin tower and endangering Cetus.

Gameplay: This game mode will be split in 2 sections: ground and space. Ultimately the objective is to destroy the carriers and defend Cetus.

Space

• Using the Railjacks, the Tennos engage in combat with the carriers while they will dispatch landing parties.
  • The tasks involved are:
    • Take out the carriers by infiltration
      • Disable/destroy weapons systems that are bombarding the surface.
      • Destroy the "heart" of the carriers by marking for Railjack guns or destroying it themselves
    • Defend against fighters using either turrets or archwings.
    • Fend off any boarding parties on the Railjack
    • Intercept and destroy landing parties that are continuously dispatched to the surface
  • The degrees of success will dictate the difficulty of the ground front
  • After taking out the carriers and any stragglers, the space team can join the ground force for clean up.

Ground

• The landing parties that make it past the space team will land near the bodies of water throughout the plains. They will attempt to summon and repair the Eidolons to assault the Cetus gate and tower. It is the ground teams objective to destroy them.
  • Each landing parties will be set in multiple stages:
    • The Sentient parties will attempt to land
    • They will start summoning an Eidolon
    • They will begin repairing the Eidolon
    • They will proceed to assault the Cetus gate
  • The ground team's task is to stop them at any of these stages as quickly as possible before they are overwhelmed and the gate is destroyed.
  • The number of landing parties will depend on how well the space team can intercept them or how quickly the carriers are taken out.
  • There are also orbital bombardments from the carrier happening occasionally on the ground team

Development, i believe, should not be too difficult as this utilizes components that are (and will be as of this time) added to the game. The only difficult part i can see is bridging ground and space combat to happen simultaneously.

Let me know what you guys think. Is this too much? Not enough? Can it be done? Would you like to see it done?

Edited by FortM

Interesting idea, one part of concern for me is where the space front effects the ground front, since people might end up getting overwhelmed by the space fight, thus the ground front will get overwhelmed.
But considering how fast people in this game get to efficient runs, I'd say it should be fine.

As for the dev part, I think it's possible, but not sure if it currently is or not. Since plains takes a lot more resources compared to a normal mission, and railjack including the infiltration likely takes the same amount of resources or more (considering the plans of making it work laid out by DE Steve on his twitter). Thus running plains, railjack, and the infiltration mission concurrently might not be possible currently.
But I have faith that DE is going to find a way if it ever comes to this.

And if DE ever considers this, there could be a problem with tying into the new war, depending on how they've planned for that to play out. But after the quest, this could really be a pausible option for an ongoing war against sentients. Which obviously means there should also be an attack raid, with us going into the Tau system and maybe a fun field trip into the void. Unless DE is going to go the gradivus dilemma route for the war, and set your idea of ground front as the "defend" and the space front as the "attack".