Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The new controller UI has locked out some previously possible and very useful configurations.

AreWeHuman

As the title says the new controller binding UI has made bindings that were possible and that I had been using for a few years impossible. The problem really stems from the way that the bindings of the ability menu are restricted. Previously I could bind ability menu actions to buttons that also carried other bindings when the ability menu was not in use. To be a little more specific, the shoulder buttons and triggers for abilities 1-4 was using either A or a stick press in combination with the ability menu for transference previously bound via "ability 5". 

This can be navigated around with ability selection bindings and the use selected ability binding, which I also make use of, but I don't think the intention of this UI change was to make bindings that do not actually conflict act as if they do.

The fix is really just to allow players to bind ability menu options to whatever button on the controller they would like, regardless of what the non-ability menu binding is. I set my control scheme to minimize the amount of aiming related actions (read: basically everything) that would require me to remove my thumb from the right stick. Forcing ability menu bindings to facebuttons sets my fluidity and ease of use back a few notches. Not to mention it just seems pretty counter productive to create a new controller customization UI that is less customizable than the iteration it replaced.

Hopefully this issue can be fixed quickly and easily as it seems like simple oversight.

Edited by AreWeHuman

• 3 weeks later...

As of the latest update the controller bindings UI is now more broken than it was. Bindings no longer save correctly and any binding set to the Dpad just returns to the default. Furthermore, when you open the controller binding UI it appears as if all controls are default even if they are not.

As this is right now I can't bind the ability menu to the dpad in addition to the previous problems of the ability menu bindings being essentially unable to be bound to anything but the face buttons.

Please fix this.

There's a sticky thread in General about feedback for controller on PC, you'll find many of your sentiments - and more - echoed there. Any and all help with calling attention to the problems is very welcome.

I've previously gotten bindings to the d-pad to stick after rebooting the game, as well as taking care to configure everything for the controller while using the controller although I'm sure you knew that one. (How many don't, I wonder? Where exactly does it say this is necessary? Whatever.)  

I was about to post a solution to several of my woes there, although it's specific to a third-party API. If things are broken yet again there's hardly any point....
As you've said, the new controller scheme does the exact opposite of what was intended. Third-party has always been the way to go for me, but that's probably going to be more or less mandatory for anyone who actually wants some degree of customization until this is fixed.  

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Bumping because my controller now no longer even detects anything going on with any button presses. It is a wired xbox 360 controller, the sticks both seem to function normally no other button appears to be doing anything.

DE please fix controllers. It's been over 3 months since this stuff started going sideways and so far not a word has been said.

• 3 weeks later...