Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Fortuna: Bounties versus Incursions

Somb3rBivalve

So I want to come out by saying that the fortuna demo was extremely impressive. I don't know about the specs the machines they were using, but it was very impressive visually, and I think the shape of the landscape and the increased detail will lead to a better combat experience than plains of eidolon.

Anyway, one thing I was very happy to see was that bounties can be selected without returning back to town to start them up again, and I think capturing a base to be able to do that is appropriate. One thing that's a bit up in the air for me that I hope we can get answered on future devstreams is if incursions will return and if so, how they will be handled. Back when they were originally made for plains, I thought they were very intriguing because it would've allowed a very free gameplay style where you could wander around gathering resources while the game occasionally generates convenient missions for you to break up the tedium.

The problem with them was always that the rewards for them were absolutely awful, so there was no incentive to ever do them. If they are back in venus, I hope there is a different reward structure between incursions and bounties such that there would be different reasons as to why I would do one or the other, and both should be worth doing. Ideally, incursions should supplement the slower type of player who is wandering around gathering resources, while bounties should be for a player who wants to crank through them quickly in their search for rare drops.

15 minutes ago, Somb3rBivalve said:

So I want to come out by saying that the fortuna demo was extremely impressive. I don't know about the specs the machines they were using, but it was very impressive visually, and I think the shape of the landscape and the increased detail will lead to a better combat experience than plains of eidolon.

Anyway, one thing I was very happy to see was that bounties can be selected without returning back to town to start them up again, and I think capturing a base to be able to do that is appropriate. One thing that's a bit up in the air for me that I hope we can get answered on future devstreams is if incursions will return and if so, how they will be handled. Back when they were originally made for plains, I thought they were very intriguing because it would've allowed a very free gameplay style where you could wander around gathering resources while the game occasionally generates convenient missions for you to break up the tedium.

The problem with them was always that the rewards for them were absolutely awful, so there was no incentive to ever do them. If they are back in venus, I hope there is a different reward structure between incursions and bounties such that there would be different reasons as to why I would do one or the other, and both should be worth doing. Ideally, incursions should supplement the slower type of player who is wandering around gathering resources, while bounties should be for a player who wants to crank through them quickly in their search for rare drops.

That is a good point!