Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Idea For Some Of The Later Mastery Test, As Well As Ideas For Revamping Melee

Valafor

----WARNING WALL OF TEXT AHEAD----

In the mastery tests, the Lotus has done a pretty good job testing us and honing our skills with the gun, but not much with the blade. I mean sure, there is one pathetic mastery test where you slaughter holographic infested units with your melee weapon, but that's pretty much it. So instead of having like 3 wall running test, why not make intense Dark Souls-esque melee fights? Now of course, with the current melee system, it would be like "hold and spam E until thing dies" but that's pretty much it.

So we need a revamp in melee combat. We all know DE said they are going to revamp it, but here is how I feel they should. My idea is that you can still press E for a quick melee slash that doesn't do much, just in case you get caught in a sticky situation and need a quick hit. However, you now have a 3rd weapon to switch to, your melee weapon. Here it is far more advance. Right clicking will just do a slash attack, and holding it will do a charge attack (surprise surprise). By holding left click, you can do a block, along with all the other cool evasive maneuvers that we already have but never use such as backflips, rolling to either side, etc. Blocking will drain your stamina, like it does now, and right clicking while holding left click will attempt a parry.

Now let's all pretend that this is implemented, but it isn't useful if the melee enemies are still dumb as bricks. So the idea is simple, infested units still act pretty stupid, and so do Grineer sawmen and Prod Crewmen, since they aren't well trained in melee combat. However, not only will the sawmen hit harder, Grineer Scorpions, Grineer Flameblades, etc. ARE well trained in melee combat, and will preform attacks that require parrying, dodging, blocking, etc. the Void could use some more melee oriented enemies that will combat you in ways that require more than spam E till death. And while you could still use your guns, you better hope your gun kills them fast enough because your flux rifle isn't going to block a Flameblade doing an overhead swing on you. Also with this system the Stalker's scythe got much more scarier, and a 1 v. 1 is no longer as brain dead, requiring you to combat the Stalker by parrying, dodging, and blocking his attacks, as well as getting the perfect balance between charged attacks and regular ones.

Now as for the Later Mastery tests you have to prove yourself worthy of your title through mastery of your blade, going 1 v .1, 2, or 50 only equipped with a melee weapon. Maybe you could fight against other Tenno (not other players, I meant special bosses) which can only be defeated through studying attack patterns and through your mastery of the blade. I think this would be much more intense and much more rewarding than doing a wall running test 4-5 times in a row.

Not to mention, imagine how intense Dojo Duels will be. it is going to be less about "I have the fastest trigger finger and best PvP weapons/warframe huehuehue" but more about true skills (expecting the two parties agree to fight with melee only).

Edited by KaPow_Best_Demolitions