The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×
The Lotus Eaters: Known Issues ×

[Solved] Warframe Black Screen on Startup After Upgrading to Windows 10

Aceslade

So I had recently upgraded my Windows 8.1 into Windows 10 (the v1709, not the latest build), and Warframe suddenly only displayed black screen after I hit play. Although one thing to note is that this only happen on Fullscreen. Borderless and Windowed works just fine though. I have tried changing to full screen in game after launching the game in windowed mode but to no avail. The game goes black screen as soon as it stretch to full screen mode.

The only things I have tried which do not work are clean installing newest Nvidia driver and Verfiying & Optimizing Cache. I would really like to not resort to reinstalling Warframe, or worst Windows. Can anyone help with this? This only happens with Warframe and not my other games.

Edit: DX9 mode worked on fullscreen mode just fine, but I didn't like the performance as compared to DX11. DX10 doesn't work on fullscreen as well.

Edited by Aceslade
Incomplete description of problem
  • Like 1

Solved! Here is how I solve it in the weirdest way possible.

If you have Intel HD GPU or Nvidia Optimus (Intel HD + Geforce combo) go to Intel Graphic Properties -> Display -> Aspect Ratio -> Scaling -> Scale Full Screen -> tick Override

If you ONLY had Nvidia Geforce GPU onboard go straight to Nvidia Control Panel -> Display -> Adjust desktop size and position -> no scaling (try fullscreen as well if it didn't work)

Hope it can help! Thank you.

• Like 2