Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Secondary Mods Vs Primary Mods

EirikAura

Why are secondary weapon mods so much easier to get than primary? So far I have all the major damage types for my secondaries - multishot, heat, cold, electric, AP, % damage - and for my rifle, only the AP, heat, cold and elec., all from prior to the new drop tables too. Where are the serration and split chamber? I can still come up with a slew of melee and pistol mods on boss runs and MD but little more than Ammo Drum for the primary.

I have found everything BUT pistol mods the last few days. I have mostly been playing on earth doing Lua and Eurasia. So you could try there, but it's probably just the RNG talking and not your area. 

As to Split Chamber, that's a high level mod. It only dropped reliably in the higher level systems before the loot tables were redone. At very least it will now probably only drop from tougher enemies like Bombards or Railgun Moa's... or possibly it drops only from high level AND tough enemies now.

The most constructive advice I could give would be to check out the drop tables for defense missions rewards. They were up on reddit and probably the wiki. The most common retreat rewards are fusion cores now, which may sound dull but it just means that when you get the mod you want you can max it quickly.

Edited by VKhaun

Cambria mission just now, for example. 1 Vitality, 1 Thiefs Wit, 1 Fusion Core (common 3), 2 Fusion Core (uncommon 5) and 3 Pressure Point. I now have 9 spare Pressure Point and 1 maxed, but as yet no Serration. 

(It was a solo run and I took it slow, not that Rhino does much else :P but hey, I'm levelling him)

OMFG, I finally got Serration! Dropped on Carme, Jupiter. Infested raid - I'm guessing one of the ancient healers, though I was a bit too busy as times (solo'd it) and didn't notice when it dropped.

*edit - spelling

Edited by EirikAura