Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Hawk Eye & Eagle Eye Should Reduce Spread Too

Aeshi

Would help give more reason to use them. I know I'd pick up Hawk Eye for my Vasto in a heartbeat if it made it a bit more accurate at longer ranges (as it has a tiny bit of spread at longer ranges, and Lex & Seer are too slow for my liking)

Prehaps said spread reduction would only apply while iron-sighting though.

EDIT: Wow, so many +1s!

Edited by Aeshi

-Currently all the weapons already have sufficient zoom for their accuracy-

Well I wouldn't say all of them do, Vasto is only a tad less accurate than Latron Prime but has about a 3rd the zoom.

Edited by Aeshi

Great idea. Currently all the weapons already have sufficient zoom for their accuracy and Eagle Eye does nothing except let you see how bad the bullet spread is.

this exactly, surprising devs didn't notice.  eagle eye also takes away too much of your situational awareness making it a bad addition to your arsenal.

Edited by alocrius

Wait so you want to turn any weapon into a sniper weapon (high accuracy @ range) at the cost of one mod slot?

Can we also introduce a mod that turns snipers/semis into automatics that are effective at short range in one slot?

C'mon...

Speed Trigger.

60% faster fire rate vs. 40% stronger zoom/accuracy.  Sounds fair on paper.

Speed Trigger.

60% faster fire rate vs. 40% stronger zoom/accuracy.  Sounds fair on paper.

Except the minor omission that speed trigger improves all weapons across the board,long,

Med, short range and launchers. Eagle eye would only improve short,mid range weapons and turn them into snipers that happen to also work really well at close range.

What is being suggested here would give one class of weapons the defining feature of another class of weapons, without the detriment.

Snipers tend to be accurate at range and capable of dealing high damage with the trade off of being ineffective at close quarters. This would make it so weapons that are currently effective at close quarters and poor at range are now effective at both. Why would anyone ever need a sniper then? The dps is already far lower than close quarters guns.

Do you want build diversity or do you just want more combat effectiveness? Pls ask yourself that.

There should be a tradeoff of reduced fire rate when zoomed in or out then.

I'm not even a sniper user and I can tell you right now this is going to make all sniper weapons pointless. Even a moderately accurate weapon, such as the Braton will own any sniper in game if it gets a notable accuracy boost along with its zoom.

Do you want build diversity or do you just want more combat effectiveness? Pls ask yourself that.

I'd rather have combat effectiveness, a quick look at any game that claims to have "Build Diversity" quickly reveals that most of said builds are diverse only in whether they took super-OP ability A before super-OP ability B or vice-versa because all the other choices were worthless.

Edited by Aeshi

There should be a tradeoff of reduced fire rate when zoomed in or out then.

I'm not even a sniper user and I can tell you right now this is going to make all sniper weapons pointless. Even a moderately accurate weapon, such as the Braton will own any sniper in game if it gets a notable accuracy boost along with its zoom.

No it's not, snipers are still going to be unbeatable one-shot kill kings, the base damage, damage type, and crit multipliers cannot be beat. Giving a Braton 100% accuracy doesn't make it OP, there's already the Dera here to prove it. Plus we're not even going anywhere near that with this mod idea, we only said reducing the recoil/spread in an attempt to make the Eagle Eye mods more feasible,

I'm conflicted on this one. Do I want realism or comfort?

Realism:

Putting a scope on a gun or wearing special binoculars will not increase the guns actual accuracy.

It will instead allow me to compensate my inaccuracy better in exchange for less situational awareness.

It will also allow me to better target faraway enemies in cover.

I need more skill.

Comfort:

Putting a scope mod on my gun will enable the Tenno using the gun to better correct its inaccuracy, resulting in higher precision.

It will thus increase the effective range of every weapon it is installed in, effectively transforming them into sniper rifles.

I need less skill.

Conclusion:

I'd rather get rid of crit mechanics for gunplay in general and change Point Strike into an accuracy mod.

It can then be combined with Zoom-mods to turn every weapon into a sniper but it will cost you 2 mod slots instead of only one.

(Crit damage mods on guns will be turned into a weakspot damage bonus.)

Would help give more reason to use them. I know I'd pick up Hawk Eye for my Vasto in a heartbeat if it made it a bit more accurate at longer ranges (as it has a tiny bit of spread at longer ranges, and Lex & Seer are too slow for my liking)

No it's not, snipers are still going to be unbeatable one-shot kill kings, the base damage, damage type, and crit multipliers cannot be beat. Giving a Braton 100% accuracy doesn't make it OP, there's already the Dera here to prove it. Plus we're not even going anywhere near that with this mod idea, we only said reducing the recoil/spread in an attempt to make the Eagle Eye mods more feasible,

Actually, the OP specifically said that his preferred weapon has a "tiny bit of spread and longer ranges" and he would like that improved. So he wants essentially no spread, which I interpret as functionally 100% accuracy.

He clearly stated that the sniper pistols (lex,seer) are too slow for him. He essentially stated that he wants to make his non sniper Vasto into a sniper, with the benefits of a non sniper thrown in as well.....

Pekku....if you have a Dera, you'll know that your argument is moot bc Dera has too much travel time to be effective as a sniper.

A braton/gorgon/vasto etc will be an absolute monster at range with hitscan, near 100% accuracy and no projectile travel time. C'mon guys i'm not even a sniper user and I can see that this would make snipers pointless.

Edited by notionphil

Actually, the OP specifically said that his preferred weapon has a "tiny bit of spread and longer ranges" and he would like that improved. So he wants no spread, which I interpret as functionally 100% accuracy.

And if you have a Dera, you'll know that your argument is moot bc Dera has too much travel time to be effective as a sniper.

A braton/gorgon/vasto etc will be an absolute monster at range with hitscan and no projectile travel time. C'mon guys i'm not even a sniper user and I can see that this would make snipers pointless.

The Lanka, arguably the best sniper rifle right now, has projectile travel time. You also ignored the part where I mentioned base damage, damage type, and crit potential. Slightly more accurate assault rifles at the cost of damage, considering you will need to be swapping out a damage mod or something else, is not going to spell the end of sniper rifles.

Actually, the OP specifically said that his preferred weapon has a "tiny bit of spread and longer ranges" and he would like that improved. So he wants essentially no spread, which I interpret as functionally 100% accuracy.

He clearly stated that the sniper pistols (lex,seer) are too slow for him. He essentially stated that he wants to make his non sniper Vasto into a sniper, with the benefits of a non sniper thrown in as well.....

I never said I wanted my preferred weapon to be 100% accurate at all ranges, I just wanted it to be a bit more accurate at longer ranges, like the sort I use my Latron Prime (which has better accuracy at range than Vasto, but not as much as Snipers) at, because my Vasto is essentially set up to be "Latron Jr." (even just comparing base stats the 2 are similar in many ways), and only needs some zoom and a bit more accuracy to accomplish that.

A Vasto with those boosts wouldn't make Snipers 'obsolete' any more than the Latron series (or heck, even the Lex/Seer) already does, and even mounting such a thing on a Latron (Prime, or Lex, or Seer) would still render it a tad worse than the Sniper because it uses a slot to get the Zoom + Accuracy said Snipers have by default, not even counting the fact that most/all Snipers ignore armour by default, which the Vasto/Latron don't

Edited by Aeshi

Pekku....if you have a Dera, you'll know that your argument is moot bc Dera has too much travel time to be effective as a sniper.

A braton/gorgon/vasto etc will be an absolute monster at range with hitscan, near 100% accuracy and no projectile travel time. C'mon guys i'm not even a sniper user and I can see that this would make snipers pointless.

Coming to your logic, we should interpret every post about buffing weapon as "Make it so OP I could oneshot every mook", every post about buffing the rate drops as "Make it spit out from every crate" and so on. Change the brain, your is way too bipolar.

What comes to dera, travel time is negligible after 20-30 minutes of practice. Not to mention the fact that you can morph it in hitscan via Volt's shield.

Nobody says about 100% accuracy and nobody cares about your unique vision of game. They care about the fact that right now zoom is more useless than ammo drum, giving you a better view on your inability to hit your target. If you'll be able to get it in crazy jiggle at all.

I never said I wanted my preferred weapon to be 100% accurate at all ranges, I just wanted it to be a bit more accurate at longer ranges, like the sort I use my Latron Prime (which has better accuracy at range than Vasto, but not as much as Snipers/Lex/Seer) at, because my Vasto is essentially set up to be "Latron Jr." (even just comparing base stats the 2 are similar in many ways), and only needs some zoom and a bit more accuracy to accomplish that.

A Vasto with those boosts wouldn't make Snipers 'obsolete' any more than the Latron series already does.

there's a reason why the Latron has nearly the lowest dps of all rifles, and lower than most snipers as well. Why do you think it's nearly 40% lower DPS than the standard Braton?

BC of its flexibility at close, mid and long ranges. Flexibility is a tremendous benefit. Bigger than a bit of DPS. Being able to line up a headshot from across the room with your Vasto and knowing its going to hit, yet also being able to burn down that ancient right behind you is more valuable than doing one elemental mod's worth more damage to either.

That is why Latron dmg is low.

Take a look at the numbers. The guns which are more difficult to manage, or have built in restrictions (boltor, hind, flux, gorgon etc) have highest DPS bc of their lack of flexibilty. You want to add that flexibility in a simple mod with no drawback. I just think its a bad idea.

Instead of increasing build diversity it will just make everone equip eagle eye.

Add a trade-off? like reduced fire rate when zoomed in? Or overall? Or etc etc? Then we're on the same page. I like build diversity...but the game is samey and easy enough already. Don't make our OP same builds even more OP.

DPS doc

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Ai3njS0ds_RVdHdaSmdSRlJWbHJzVGJQVmlGd0o2OGc#gid=0

Coming to your logic, we should interpret every post about buffing weapon as "Make it so OP I could oneshot every mook", every post about buffing the rate drops as "Make it spit out from every crate" and so on. Change the brain, your is way too bipolar.

What comes to dera, travel time is negligible after 20-30 minutes of practice. Not to mention the fact that you can morph it in hitscan via Volt's shield.

Nobody says about 100% accuracy and nobody cares about your unique vision of game. They care about the fact that right now zoom is more useless than ammo drum, giving you a better view on your inability to hit your target. If you'll be able to get it in crazy jiggle at all.

I actually LOL'd.

Buff the ones that NEED a buff. Not the ones that are working and effective.

And most importantly, don't do anything that pushes us even further into an optimal, single build. A single mod that make short/med weapons get the primary benefit of snipers (dealing effective damage, quickly at long range) reduces the build diversity in the game. There's simply no way around that.

Do you think MORE ppl will want to use snipers after this change? Or less?