Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Public Games, A Healthy Discussion.

Dalu__Ka

Basically the average (defense) pub game is like this:

Spam as much AOE dmg abilities as you can before someone else does it. Entire battlefields are transformed to bright pink and green from all the explosions.

In some rare instances you might see an alive mob, but no worries, your teammate has already pressed 4 to deal with it.

A lonely Tenno is on the front lines, bashing 4 like there is no tomorrow, soon to be surpassed by a teammate who decides to help him and stands 10 meters in front of him to show us all what it means to be the ultimate 4 tapper.

Then there is the legion of rocket launchers, shooting their AOE's, obliterating any and everything.

This is all fine and dandy, and I'm sure this is for some people the epitome of fun.

Is this really the vision DE had for this game?

Is this really the kind of game we want?

Is warframe going to be more and more focused on this kind of gameplay in future updates?

tldr;

I want to get a discussion going about what warframe has become, and what that means to you.

I'm not looking for replies like "play private", "it's a pub, what you expect", as those kind of statements contribute nothing to the discussion.

Edited by Tenn00b

Are we talking about Kappa?

High level defenses generally require more than everyone spamming 4.

Why would anyone do anything besides spam 4 in low level defense missions? This isn't as much a discussion about public games as it is discontent with the balance of the game. Fourspam is by far the most efficient way to farm...people aren't being mean and ruining your fun, they are just doing what is effective.

Edited by SanityRobot

I know that feel, but, you know, I can't disagree with others. Why bother leveling your guns when even energy-poor rhino capable of stomping 3 times in row without energy pickup and syphon?

This sphere is done for. Get friends or get lost. Nerfing ultimates will cause a huge S#&$storm, the same for enemies with ability immunity.

I read 2 lines in and made an educated guess that you were just gunna bish about nova. Yep. Healthy discussions do not get to rule out responses.Take your knocks and gtho

"Educated" would imply you read the whole thing; which if you had done, you would have realized the not once was Nova mentioned explicitly. Furthermore, the OP brings up a good point; the style of play is generally, rather than work together, to cut each other off and beat each other to kills.

I rather like the idea of the introduction of faction based enemies that incentives alternate ways of dealing with. Enemies that got supercharged after being struck by ultimate (like some sort of special heavy grineer) and enemies that were impervious to gun damage would add a lot of flavor to the current model.

I highly doubt that DE want the game to be this shallow. The problem is both ultimate and map layout.

I think DE are now in big problem. In order to make the game more mentally challenge, they will have to do many things that will upset part of the playerbase. Not that many players want the game to be a bit stimulating, they rather play space ninja murder simulator anyway.

- Ultimate can either stay as it is with some limitation place to prolong the interval between each ultimate.

- AI with resistance to powers.

- Map layout that doesn't have choke point or minimal choke point. Alternate path for AI to bypass the player and reach the pod.

Well, this isn't something new and it has been brought up before perhaps in seperate topics; nova abilities,spam the 4 key, the orgis and other various topics about WF gameplay, mechanics and it's future.

Snip:

I want to get a discussion going about what warframe has become, and what that means to you.

I'm not looking for replies like "play private", "it's a pub, what you expect", as those kind of statements contribute nothing to the discussion.

Honestly, sometimes i really wish if people could discuss in a "healthy" manner but looking at other area's of posting & previous postings, you'd see so much negativity, flaming going on which at times turns the original topic into something else.

Snip:

Is this really the vision DE had for this game?

Is this really the kind of game we want?

Is warframe going to be more and more focused on this kind of gameplay in future updates?

I cant speak for DE.

Is this the game I want?

In all honesty, yes. This was a Fun & Interesting game to ME. I appreciate certain things & changes that DE has brought into the game. Unfortunately, where this game is heading to...is something i cannot agree on.TONS of suggestions/feedback topics have been posted, discussed, debated untill countless of pages but DE has remain silent about certain things.

I came into Warframe when it was version 7.x.x & the things that were discussed back then till today have yet to been implemented or no news till today. I dont know about you guys/girls that came during the CBT period. I do understand that this game has changed exponantially and because of that, its getting sticky & messy. You have gamers that want new content, end game stuffs? while there is another group that wants the game to be polished@bug fixes and then there's another group of people thats demanding for additional stuffs/changes to the game.

I like to say that, this it isn't our job to keep the game alive. It's DE.So MANY topics have been raised but ..it just feels as if DE has another vision/plan for the game.

I dont know. who can say but DE themself?

Warframe's defence and mobile mission certainly stands out if compared to other co-op games out there. I really like this 2 game mode when played with friends.

As for the scenario that you mentioned:

Basically the average (defense) pub game is like this:

Spam as much AOE dmg abilities as you can before someone else does it. Entire battlefields are transformed to bright pink and green from all the explosions.

In some rare instances you might see an alive mob, but no worries, your teammate has already pressed 4 to deal with it.

A lonely Tenno is on the front lines, bashing 4 like there is no tomorrow, soon to be surpassed by a teammate who decides to help him and stands 10 meters in front of him to show us all what it means to be the ultimate 4 tapper.

Then there is the legion of rocket launchers, shooting their AOE's, obliterating any and everything.

This is all fine and dandy, and I'm sure this is for some people the epitome of fun.

Since it's a little general, but i hope you have tried out Tier 1, Tier 2 and Tier 3 defence games and not just hit escape at wave 5.

Ok, just to be clear and also for discussion sake, let's put  3 scenario:

a) Tier 1 wave 10 vs Tier 1 wave 30

b) Tier 1 wave 30 vs Tier 2 wave 30

c) Tier 2 wave 30 vs Tier 3 wave 30

(if you want to go higher wave, please feel free to do so)

At higher Tier and higher waves, things tend to get a little harder and its here where abilities makes the difference and certain weapon starts to out shine other weapon. Was this intended? I dont know but it has been like this. I feel that only at higher waves, you'd start to appreciate abilities and certain weapon.

I cant dig up old postings but here are a few to read in regards to what OP's topic

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/94980-a-solution-to-the-4-spam/

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/95240-nova-currently-is-overpowered-she-needs-a-nerf/

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/70429-ogris-facts/?hl=orgis

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/87889-difficulty-balance-of-power-vs-skill-powercreep-and-more/

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/85272-power-creep-and-armor-scaling-is-destroying-the-niches-of-older-weapons/

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/94860-disappointment-in-warframe-and-thoughts-on-improving-long-wall-of-text-with-paragraphing/