Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Uranus- Open world ideas

Cortanis

So their has been some... discussion.... in regards to the new railjack ship. For a space ship, I think it honestly looks terrible and apparently people have started referring  to it as the JarJar design. To that end, I have to agree and see it as more of an opportunity really. Bring the profile into a more blade like design coming from the cardinal points and taper those into a more elongated nose cone and It would pass more for a sub than anything. That got me thinking too.....

So Uranus is basically one big ocean at this point. The Grineer more or less hold claim to the planet as a static, but this got me thinking about what would be on it and WHO would be on it. The ocean is a rather large place after all.... one could slip into the deep and stay there for quite some time and especially if properly equipped.... Imagine if you will, not necessarily Corpus but more "free lance" "pioneers" if you will on massive silent running subs about the size of Cetus. Effectively their basis being to run deep sea Safari/Big Game hunts for creatures effected by Deep-Sea Gigantism for the bored Corpus elite and mining of exclusive mineral and gem deposited to the environment.

Your job as Tenno would be to go for the obligatory fish catching for them, defending them from Tyl Regor's Grineer, and going on zoological surveys to investigate the mysteries of the truly deep. Scrap the current Railjack design on that ship and turn it into a sub at this point. Replace the side gun turrets with harpoons and tow lines for catching those massive hauls of fish. Keep the exits so that players can bail out of the ship and go sharkwing for defending/attacking while also being able to run at least a measure of freedom from the party if they want. Keep the main cannon on that thing, but run it as a more single barrel cannon under the bottom though. That would work for any kind of real big threats.

But of course you wouldn't be alone ether.... So of course the Grineer would be present as the dominant force to the area as already established. Let's expand the Tube Men a bit shall we? I would imagine that they would have more set locations due to the static aquatic bases they already have, but I could see them having a number of outposts that are basically docks for their own subs. Those designs we could all argue about for some time I think, but I would imagine they'd be for more carrier class type subs that the Tube Men would bail from to attack as well. We'd obviously see more expansion in the units they have, but particularly I'd expect to see some sort of diver propulsion vehicle mounted units to take the place of things like bombards and such.

But hey, since we're already heading face first into Arachnophobia territory with Venus, why not hit Thalassophobia here right? Since we're going deep sea fishing, we're gunna need some bigger bait and that also means we can find some BIGGER creatures. Remember that scene in Star Wars Ep1 where they're running from the big fish and they get inadvertently saved by the even bigger predator? Yeah, Imagine purposefully attracting something like that to fish for that that as a challenge for the area. Or even imagine dropping bait for something like that on the Grineer to come wreck them as well?

Sounds like a fun time to me.

The grineer already have an open world, the next one will be most likely on Eris with the infestation, then another one somewhere in the void with Corrupted and then (maybe) one on the tau system with the sentient...

Cortanis...

I think i should Point out that Your Views on the Upcoming Expansion are Entirely Selfish.

One example is your Strange need to have the Ship look like a Sword, it already has a Unique and Inspired Design that i Personally think is perfectly Tenno.

Two:"Jar Jar Design" is a Unusable Term cause they Never Completed his story Arc Revealing Jar-Jar wasn't a Bumbling Moron but, A Sith Lord Manipulating Everything. (confirmed by George Lucas himself)

Three:Using the Grineer Faction Again so soon is Overuse Since they Already Got the Very First Landscape in the Game, Not to Mention they Already said every World will eventually have a Landscape.

P.s. On a Personal note I'd be More Excited to Eventually see a Massive Fully Functioning Tenno Civilization.

1 hour ago, Kyryo said:

The grineer already have an open world, the next one will be most likely on Eris with the infestation, then another one somewhere in the void with Corrupted and then (maybe) one on the tau system with the sentient...

Fun fact, they've already stated that they're going to be doing an open world area for each of the planets. I didn't even suggest doing it now, just eventually. In fact, the mission they showed at Tennocon is a mission that we've outlined and asked for here on the forums a number of times in regards to archwing and especially again after War Within.

25 minutes ago, Runeglyph said:

One example is your Strange need to have the Ship look like a Sword, it already has a Unique and Inspired Design that i Personally think is perfectly Tenno.

Has nothing to do with personal preference. It's basic aerodynamics. Something I must point out that we've learned from every space program on the planet and for a ship that's apparently designed for repeated planetary exit and reentry, it would tear itself apart or lose control on reentry. Something you can in fact easily test building model rockets.

29 minutes ago, Runeglyph said:

P.s. On a Personal note I'd be More Excited to Eventually see a Massive Fully Functioning Tenno Civilization.

You, me, and pretty much everyone else. We've been asking that since Second Dream and the launch of the focus system. I've made and contributed to a number of threads on that topic myself since they basically outline the basis of the schools when they have you pick your school for the first time. It honestly feels like the one thing DE is avoiding touching at all really.... they're working on putting in all kinds of new civilizations into the game and will touch things like Harow's quest, but not a mention of a Tenno society in sight so far. Just supporting aspects so far with the Quills.

You do have some Undeniable Facts, but this is Future Tech in a Sci-fi Universe so one should look at it with a Lens of "Fantasy Possible" not "Fiction Actual".

An Example like How Real Scientists, Physicists and Engineers have been Working on "Warp Field" Tech and how to Make it a Reality.

One of things they have said is Warp Fields or Bubbles Could be Shaped making Aerodynamics of the Vessel not much more then Cosmetic.

Artificial Gravity Engines to make Weight a Minor Inconvenience & Also to Mention the "Alloys" they have are Far Superior in every Way.

Tenno Civilizations Probably Wont be until A Lot Later... Like, Landscapes on Half the Star Map Later!

Yes, but the problems related to atmospheric flight would rather defeat most of that. Even with super efficient engines and stabilizing thrusters, it would leave the proposed vehicle taking more power just to give it any kind of real flight control than if it had any kind of a proper design. As noted, that's less of an issue in water but even personal sub development has hooked onto the efficiency of aerodynamics in designs for subs as well. It's still fully possible to preserve the over all Tenno design, but the front end of the ship really needs to be completed in a proper sense. In it's current form, the design is more related to a rocket attempt I had once where we tried to see if we could get better distance by cutting off 3/4 off the rocket and re housing most of the nose cone right after the rocket engines... it did not go well to say the least. The current design doesn't even really leave any room for stabilizing thrusters ether. Even the Liset has those.