Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Volt, Bolto, Akbolto, Boltor, And The Barrier Shield Blues

Suprizebuttseks

based on the Volt package in the Marketplace, i am assuming that the Devs designed Volt to work well with the Bolto pistol.

i started Volt with basic pistol; tried out Sicarus, Lex, and Afuris.

out of curiousity to what the devs ideal Volt build should have, i checked out the package.

i bought the Akbolto instead (2 is better than one i think ;)

from previous experience, it seems the Barrier Shield does 2 cool things: 1) protects you from gunshots and 2) shooting through it seems to buff or electrify bullets causing electrocution to foes on top of bullet damage. Awesome when you're faced with a crowd.

I find that the Bolto weapons are awesome for Volt build however, they absolutely DO NOT pass through the Volt's Shield. they don't even hit foes. i've attempted this with groups, solo, at distances, and damn near point blank.

is this done on purpose?

if so, why package Volt with the Bolto?

btw, i also bought the Boltor. AWESOME gun but experiences the same blues as the other BOLT weapons when fired through Volt's shield.

its just one of those things, if you want to know something that really bugs you, the Frost frame is almost like a better Volt and his ice shield can be shot out of (its like a aura he projects) with all weapons, but cannot be shot into

its just one of those things, if you want to know something that really bugs you, the Frost frame is almost like a better Volt and his ice shield can be shot out of (its like a aura he projects) with all weapons, but cannot be shot into

this.

Getting puncture mods for your guns will allow you to shoot through the shield. Which kinda makes little sense imo. How is it that you can shoot through an icy snowglobe w/o breaking it, but you cant shoot through an electric field?

this.

Getting puncture mods for your guns will allow you to shoot through the shield. Which kinda makes little sense imo. How is it that you can shoot through an icy snowglobe w/o breaking it, but you cant shoot through an electric field?

Pretty sure puncture mods don't work on the bolt family of weapons?

thanks for your input guys.

i found it sort of defeats the purpose to package Volt with a gun that doesn't work with a Volt skill.

i say this because during those moments in the game, where you've got a nice active crowd of about 5 to 8 foes blocking your way to Mission Complete, you deploy your volt barrier shield and shoot away without thinking -oop- forgot to switch guns...

this would probably be a bummer to the Volt player trying to level a Bolt type gun.

i'm sure most of us want to get max kills out of those weapons we are trying to level before completing the mission.

but as some of you said, it's most likely going to get fixed.

i was just wondering if any one else noticed this small thing.

thanks again and

i might try a Frost build out. =) i really like this Volt build and if you say Frost is like a better Volt, i have got to try this out myself xD Edited by Suprizebuttseks