Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

I Need Help With Game Mechanics And Loki :/

Iris94

I really dont get this game
Is there a way to become strong in this game if you are f2p ?
I mean I can only kill enemies that are 20- levels..anything above that pretty much owns me 
I am Loki, my primary weapon is paris and it really hurts to see myself trying to kill that one guy and then some random warframe comes and use some uber AOE and cleans whole room and I am like O.o

This game has no traditional levelling system that would allow me to become stronger trough skills but as far as I figure out its all about these card mods ?
So I am asking you good tennos that are willing to help

Any good advice for Loki with a bow ?
any good advice for Loki himself ?
how do you people get to smash asses with your weapons against enemies that are 30+ in few seconds -.-
do I need some rare mods for that or what ?

Any help is appriciated :)
thanks a lot

Loki isn't a "lolkilleverything" Warframe. He is a very specialized Warframe dealing with deception and manipulation. You probably shouldn't have picked him as your starter Warframe.That being said, use his abilities. Mainly clever use of Decoy and Invisibility to kill things.

Paris is one of the lowest DPS weapons in the game unless it is ubermodded due to being a, well, bow. Have you looked at any other weapon option?

Edited by Brimir

I suggest looking at the Mods page on the wiki to see what you need and where to farm it. http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Mods

For Loki, I suggest Continuity to increase the length of his Invisibility and Flow to increase Energy.

For Paris, you'll want Serration for damage, Fast Hands for faster draw, and Point Strike for higher crit chance.

The other mods you choose is up to you.

You need to upgrade your mods for your weapons (and warframes) to become stronger. Ranking up your weapon will allow for more mod usage. As for Loki, he has no direct damage abilities. Some Warframes have their uber like you've seen already (faceroll ._.) while Loki is more of a manipulator. Many people still enjoy Loki for late content (including myself), but people generally prefer faceroll gaming in this community by now

Im curious as to how long have you been playing warframe? Based on what i read id say about 20-40 hours worth....but it doesn't matter, the only tip i can give you with playing loki is ditch the bow....you are better of with the mk1-braton....only when you reach level 50+ enemies and you have a fully modded bow then everythings gonna be a-okay

As for kicking asses to 30+...it all depends on the mods....and they dont have to be rare...just well leveled.

Sorry if my 'tips' werent helpfull.

Good Luck in your fight against the grineer my fellow tenno

First of all... not sure this is the right forum. But I dont care so here we go~

Is there a way to become strong in this game if you are f2p ?
I mean I can only kill enemies that are 20- levels..anything above that pretty much owns me 
I am Loki, my primary weapon is paris and it really hurts to see myself trying to kill that one guy and then some random warframe comes and use some uber AOE and cleans whole room and I am like O.o

Sure there is, I'm f2p too. Sure Im a hunter founder, and I've helped friends out by giving them some plat. But I mean, everything I have I've earned. I've not bought a single weapon or frame [unless you count the excalibur prime I got for my founder]. Only thing Ive spent plat on is some storage space and extra forma.

I dont say that to brag, just to let you know that you can do it to. Now for advise... your "power level" if were going to call it that is based mostly off your mods. And its not that hard to earn most of the mods just by playing the game really. Sure you can spend but tons of plat on mod packs but last I checked it wasnt worth it since you get mostly warframe ability mods :p So really your best bet is to just farm some defense missions and collect mods.

As far as advice for loki, he's actually a really powerful warframe. I suggest use invisibility more if you arent already, it basically makes you INVINCIBLE and gives you a damage buff to your melee weapon. Bow advice? Theyre primarily sniper weapons, meaning long range. Sniping in this game isn't very good really, which makes the bow a lack luster weapon in my opinion. They dont have much ammo and their dps isnt very high. Personally I dont like any of the bows though, Id suggest get a real sniper rifle if thats what you want, or look into getting the latron or latron prime instead. :)

If you want, I dont mind offering some in game help either if you catch me when I'm around. My in game name is the same as my forum name here, unmog, just be sure to say hi and remind me that your from the forums. [*has a big friends list*]

Edited by unmog

First of all, you're using Loki. He is not an ability-based frame in the context that his abilities do not deal damage. His damage output is solely dependent on his weapons. He is not a very good starting frame, and not very easy to level without proper mods. 

Second, you're using Paris. I can only assume you do not have very powerful damage mods, if any at all. You're going to have a rough time dealing with higher level enemies with such a slow-firing weapon. Especially if you don't have particular mods like armor piercing to pass through that thick Grineer armor past level 30.

The sad thing is that this game is murder to get the ball rolling, but once you do, it's quite easy to play. That initial momentum, trying to gather speed and acquire weapons and mods that are useful is a huge hassle.

Not to discourage you from using a warframe or weapon of your choice, but be warned that the leveling IS rather difficult without the proper weapons and abilities. Not to mention your overall experiences and likeness of said items. Hell, I've played over 550 hours and I still have a hard time properly playing with Loki. 

I'll have to agree that Loki as a starter was not the best choice as well. While being sneaking and stealthy is fun, direct damage abilities early game is quite useful. As the description goes:

"Desired by advanced players, LOKI offers a variety of specialized reconfiguring abilities. The creativity of Loki's powers allow players to master the battlefield through manipulation."

I do personally say, as a late game player. I do use Loki quite often then I did early game. No direct damage abilities means the player would have to rely on their loadouts for killing mobs. 

As for starters, Mikeb aka Fony's crash course videos are pretty informative: 

Well, if you're gonna use loki. Might as well use the invi to its fullest potential as after all. Put continuity max and constitution max. And streamline max. If possible, flow but I doubt you will need that much of energy. Preferably use a weapon which has aoe such as orthos(melee and prefered weapons due to fast charge speed.)

For bow wise, use it like a bow. Aim the head. You can use serration, and multishot mod(double arrow =D).

However, if you want to kill everyone in sight with a use of it's ultimate skill(high level mobs wouldnt die by it...), go for rhino, frost, nova, volt, saryn, banshee, mag, excalibur, ash, ember. Each of this have aoe damage skill but however, have their own way of use. And I advise you to research on any warframe to see which suits your playstyle. That includes for weapons.

As the above say, check the wiki and learn about fusing mods to upgrade them.

Finding the right combination of mods for your weapon is important, but to really make them shine, keep an eye out for the Orokin Reactor and Orokin Catalyst blueprint alerts; these will allow you to supercharge your warframe and weapon, giving you the mod space you need to take your game to the next level.

Look for opportunities to pick up Forma, either as a blueprint or outright reward (Day 7 Login Rewards or Alerts); this will allow you to polarize slots in your warframe and weapons, allowing you to save even more mod space.

Loki is a fun frame, but as some have said, his abilities are not outright room-clearing.  Using Invisibility with a strong melee weapon will really make Loki shine.  Use his other abilities to control the positioning of yourself or the enemy.  Want to clear out a room?  Use Radial Disarm vs Corpus or Grineer & wait for them to swarm you.  Once you've got a good number around you, use Invisibility and press-and-hold E to win.

Loki's mobility is fantastic; his speed allows for some really great jumps and wall-runs.  Use Rush and Stamina boosters to really get him up to speed.

Well, Loki's not the kind of Frame you're looking for. None of his abilities are damaging abilities, but he's still a pretty good stealth/manipulator Frame. If you want a room clearing Frame, get Rhino, Saryn or Nova. But Loki's still pretty good endgame, and his abilities make him good utility for everyone. Also if modded right, he can stay invisible forever.

Paris is a rather weak bow. In fact the game doesn't really support snipers in general unless you can aim quickly and mod it to charge/reload quickly. Paris is made for damage-per-hit so if you want something that can quickly kill many enemies with ease, you'd want something like the Boltor. Should be pretty easy to make, it's armor-ignoring and it fires fast.

Also, yeah, make sure your inventory of Cores is cleaned at all times. At least until you've maxed a Serration for your rifle. If you're looking for rare mods, I would say Xini, but a recent update has changed the drop tables. You definitely, most importantly, must have damage mods and multishot mods on your weapons. Ice mods are good for the slow effect and armor-pierce mods are very good elemental mods.

Since you want to use Paris, no, I'm sorry. Get Paris Prime, the literally upgraded version of Paris that's actually on par with Dread. But anyway, mod it with crit. chance, crit. damage, reload speed (charge time), damage, multishot, ice damage, AP damage and anything that isn't Thunderbolt.

Well, if you're gonna use loki. Might as well use the invi to its fullest potential as after all. Put continuity max and constitution max. And streamline max. If possible, flow but I doubt you will need that much of energy. Preferably use a weapon which has aoe such as orthos(melee and prefered weapons due to fast charge speed.)

For bow wise, use it like a bow. Aim the head. You can use serration, and multishot mod(double arrow =D).

However, if you want to kill everyone in sight with a use of it's ultimate skill(high level mobs wouldnt die by it...), go for rhino, frost, nova, volt, saryn, banshee, mag, excalibur, ash, ember. Each of this have aoe damage skill but however, have their own way of use. And I advise you to research on any warframe to see which suits your playstyle. That includes for weapons.

Uh... if hes having problems with level 20 mobs, i dont think he has any of those mods. Constitution for example is a nightmare mode mod. Streamline and continuity are rares. [unless Im wrong] Rhino is locked by mastery 4 and nova is aquired by killing one of the games hardest bossess...

However yes! I highly recommend getting the orthos as soon as you can, its one of the best melee weapons in the game. Sorry I forgot to mention it. I'd also suggest getting Kunai asap as well. Both of those weapons are very solid weapons when you start out leaving you to use whichever primary you want along with them.

Uh... if hes having problems with level 20 mobs, i dont think he has any of those mods. Constitution for example is a nightmare mode mod. Streamline and continuity are rares. [unless Im wrong] Rhino is locked by mastery 4 and nova is aquired by killing one of the games hardest bossess...

However yes! I highly recommend getting the orthos as soon as you can, its one of the best melee weapons in the game. Sorry I forgot to mention it. I'd also suggest getting Kunai asap as well. Both of those weapons are very solid weapons when you start out leaving you to use whichever primary you want along with them.

Rhino is mastery 2.

To elaborate on my earlier post: I picked LOKI as my starter Warframe, and here is what I did:

Decoy is your bread and butter. Place it behind cover where the enemy can't directly shoot at it (it DOES have its own Health and can be destroyed!) and pick the enemy off. As long as the Decoy is closer than you are to the enemy, it will draw all the aggro.  It is totally overpowered against the Infested because as long as you put your Decoy ontop of a crate or something, they can't touch it and you can easily shoot them all down. This works with MOST bosses as well, but not all.

Then you have Invisibility, LOKI's most famous ability. This not only makes the enemy ignore you, but makes your melee strikes hit harder. But don't limit yourself to melee! You can also shoot at enemies. Your imagination is the limit, really. 

Switch Teleport is more of a fun skill than a useful one, but it can allow you to place your Decoy somewhere and then switch places with it. Can get you up on some advantageous platforms and whatnot which is pretty decent.

Radial Disarm - probably the weakest Uber in the game, but a decent "oh sh-!" button when overwhelmed because melee enemies are easy to kite around.

To elaborate on my earlier post: I picked LOKI as my starter Warframe, and here is what I did:

Decoy is your bread and butter. Place it behind cover where the enemy can't directly shoot at it (it DOES have its own Health and can be destroyed!) and pick the enemy off. As long as the Decoy is closer than you are to the enemy, it will draw all the aggro.  It is totally overpowered against the Infested because as long as you put your Decoy ontop of a crate or something, they can't touch it and you can easily shoot them all down. This works with MOST bosses as well, but not all.

Then you have Invisibility, LOKI's most famous ability. This not only makes the enemy ignore you, but makes your melee strikes hit harder. But don't limit yourself to melee! You can also shoot at enemies. Your imagination is the limit, really. 

Switch Teleport is more of a fun skill than a useful one, but it can allow you to place your Decoy somewhere and then switch places with it. Can get you up on some advantageous platforms and whatnot which is pretty decent.

Radial Disarm - probably the weakest Uber in the game, but a decent "oh sh-!" button when overwhelmed because melee enemies are easy to kite around.

Haha Radial Disarm has its flaws but i like that oh sh-! moment *thumbs up*

have to disagree on that one, radial disarm on level 70+ heavy gunners etc makes the game easy mode where as they'd probably just shrug off many other ults. :p

have to disagree on that one, radial disarm on level 70+ heavy gunners etc makes the game easy mode where as they'd probably just shrug off many other ults. :p

I don't see how it being extremely situational makes it any better, really. Sure it is nice against Grineer special units like Minigunners and Bombards, but 100 Energy to take out one enemy? Or rather, make it easier to take out one enemy (as it actually doesn't kill it for you!).

I dunno, man.

Might as well use a mere 25 Energy and set up a Decoy to take the fire from you while you blast the enemy to bits.

Edited by Brimir

But you argued for it's use against a single, tough enemy (the Grineer Minigunner)...?

Plus, it doesn't really do anything against Infested. It literally disarms them, which strangely enough doesn't hinder their offensive capabilities.

Well thats the biggest bonus for me I mean, minigunners forced to punch makes them super easy, but it works on every enemy with a gun, and some without.

As far as infested, maybe this information is outdated but when I played Loki I remember it hurting infested and doing stuff. According to the wiki though...

• Used on Infested, it will damage (can kill) and knockdown Chargers while dismembering Runners' and Leapers' arms. It has no effect on Ancients.

But you argued for it's use against a single, tough enemy (the Grineer Minigunner)...?

Plus, it doesn't really do anything against Infested. It literally disarms them, which strangely enough doesn't hinder their offensive capabilities.

Nah, it's a nice ability. Imagine taking everyone's guns and giving them a metal peen to penet-umm, stab you with. Also, they're attracted to your Decoy. This essentially allows you to rally Grineer and Corpus as if they're Infested, as the enemies can't shoot the Decoy to death like they typically would.

In the higher levels though, Nyx would probably be better CC.

Edited by AlchemistMute