Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

My Thoughts On Auras.

drakwon

Currently it seems like some auras are so situational that they aren't even worth using. 

First

Rejuvenation

Adds health regeneration of 0.1 (0.8 at max level) per second for everyone on your team. Can be stacked to increase effectiveness.

Problem : its doesn't scale into later levels when people are reaching 1k+ health pools.

Solution:  Have it regenerate a flat % of heath that is split between group members.

Example:  Giving it a 4% health regen value at max rank. Solo : 4% regen Group of 4 : 1% regen EDIT* a better idea would be just to make it non stackable.

Rifle Amp

Increases Rifle damage by 4.5% (27% at max level) for you and each member of your team. Can be stacked to create a maximum of 108% damage.

Problem : Its too powerful there is almost no reason to equip anything other than this or energy siphon. If all four party members have this it effectively gives your party another 1.08 people. It also scales extremely well with mods like serration.

Solution : Reduce the damage.

Example : Increases rifle damage by 2% ( 16% at max level) for you and each member of your team. Can be stacked to create a maximum 64% damage.

This one goes for all of the Scavenger auras and mods, but will use pistol as an example

Pistol Scavenger

Increases the chance for pistol ammo to drop from enemies and loot crates by 25% per level (150% at max level) for you and each member of your team. Can be stacked to increase ammo recovery.

Problem: With ammo packs, and the amount of ammo drops on missions this because obsolete.

Solution: Add another bonus, although weaker in power then the singular aura mods.

Example : Increases the chance for pistol ammo to drop from enemies and loot crates 25% per level 150% at max level, and decreases reload time of pistols for you and each member of your team by 5% ( 20% at max rank)

I'm going to group the next few because they are all facing the same problem.

Infested Impedance

Reduces the overall speed, including attacks, by 5% (30% at max level) for all Infested enemies, and can be stacked to increase effectiveness. Works only against Infested.

A single maxed Infested Impedance on your team is generally weak but sufficient.

Enemy Radar

Causes enemies to be shown on the mini map for you and your team for 5 game meters each level (30 meters at max level). This does not replace the Enemy Sense, a mod that does the same effect but only affects you, whereas this affects everyone's map. Can be stacked to allow enemies to show up sooner on your mini map.

Corrosive Projection

Reduces enemy armor rating by 5% (30% at max level). Can be stacked to increase effectiveness but cannot reduce enemy armor more then (70%? no one gives a clear answer)

Shield Disruption

Reduces enemy shields by 3% (18% at max level). Can be stacked to increase effectiveness.

Steel Charge

Increases melee damage by 3% per level (18% at max level) for you and each member of your team. Can be stacked for a maximum of  72% damage.

Problem : There is nothing to justify equipping these.

Solution : Turn them in regular mods for the frames (I know Enemy radar is alread)

These are just my thoughts.

Edited by drakwon

Corrosive Projection > Rifle Amp, unless you're playing early-mid game only, in which case you don't need either one.

Yea no, using serrated blade damage weapons or using the weapon specific armor pen mods are far more effective.

Rifle Amp

Increases Rifle damage by 4.5% (27% at max level) for you and each member of your team. Can be stacked to create a maximum of 108% damage.

Problem : Its too powerful there is almost no reason to equip anything other than this or energy siphon. If all four party members have this it effectively gives your party another 1.08 people. It also scales extremely well with mods like serration.

Solution : Reduce the damage.

it used to be 42% per person allowing people to have nearly 200% extra damage. so it shouldn't be nerfed anymore

it used to be 42% per person allowing people to have nearly 200% extra damage. so it shouldn't be nerfed anymore

Let me get this straight.

It used to be better, so it shouldn't be nerfed. Right.

Let's make a nice example.

New frame's ult does 99999999999 damage. Now it does 100,000. Well, it got seriously nerfed before, so we better not touch it.

My input:

Steel Charge should improve all melee attacks.

Energy Siphon should be nerfed to give less energy when you have more (the higher percentage of your max, the lower percentage it gives. If you have 50% it works at 50% capacity, if you have 0% it works at 100%, if you have 75% it works at 25%). And if you use an ability it stops for 10 seconds (like how rejuvination stops for 10 seconds if you take HP damage)

Rifle Amp. Nerf and apply ONLY to rifles.

Add Sniper, Shotgun & Pistol amp.

The rest is fine IMO.

Auras give up to 14 affinity points even when they don't do anything useful, they're already extremely powerful.

Edited by Mastikator2

Having a percentage does address the lack of scaling.  I would like to see that.

My input:

Steel Charge should improve all melee attacks.

Energy Siphon should be nerfed to give less energy when you have more (the higher percentage of your max, the lower percentage it gives. If you have 50% it works at 50% capacity, if you have 0% it works at 100%, if you have 75% it works at 25%). And if you use an ability it stops for 10 seconds (like how rejuvination stops for 10 seconds if you take HP damage)

Rifle Amp. Nerf and apply ONLY to rifles.

Add Sniper, Shotgun & Pistol amp.

The rest is fine IMO.

Auras give up to 14 affinity points even when they don't do anything useful, they're already extremely powerful.

You Suggest that energy siphon changed to regen a % of your missing energy? Good idea but without cooldowns everyone will spam abilities even more so to get max regen.

Do you mean like not apply to bows and launchers? It already is just "rifle" damage. They are adding AMPs for the rest of the weapons in patch 10 already which is why I didn't include that.

Thanks for the suggestions and feedback everyone.

You Suggest that energy siphon changed to regen a % of your missing energy? Good idea but without cooldowns everyone will spam abilities even more so to get max regen.

Do you mean like not apply to bows and launchers? It already is just "rifle" damage. They are adding AMPs for the rest of the weapons in patch 10 already which is why I didn't include that.

Thanks for the suggestions and feedback everyone.

Except there's a 10 second cooldown for energy siphon, if you use an ability then you gain nothing for 10 seconds. Every ability costs 6 points more and it'll be very hard to gain enough energy for your ultimate. I'm OK with people using 1-3 more and 4 less.

Edit- bows are snipers for all I know, and launchers are rifles.

I'd like them to be separate, with their own separate ammo though.

Edited by Mastikator2