The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×
The Lotus Eaters: Known Issues ×

Warframe crashing on startup

Nassah

I am currently running WF through steam and everytime I log in I see my character stand up then the game just shuts off.  I tried other steam games and they didn't crash. Only game not working s warframe need help please and thank you...

6 hours ago, Potatoman967 said:

me too, are you using amd or nvidia?

Nvidia but i got mine too work if you are using directX 10 or 11 turn it off in the launcher options and if that doesn't work see if there is an app you have running that doesnt cooperate with warframe.  Hope this helps you too.

9 hours ago, Blactavis said:

Nvidia but i got mine too work if you are using directX 10 or 11 turn it off in the launcher options and if that doesn't work see if there is an app you have running that doesnt cooperate with warframe.  Hope this helps you too.

using AMD and ive tried every combination of DX11 and 10 i can think of with fullscreen on and off. I login, character starts to stand up, then crash. Whats weird is that it was working fine the other day. The only thing i did was update my drivers to 18.7.1. Will try rolling them back and disabling wallpaper engine

Edited by Potatoman967
forgot quote

2 hours ago, Potatoman967 said:

using AMD and ive tried every combination of DX11 and 10 i can think of with fullscreen on and off. I login, character starts to stand up, then crash. Whats weird is that it was working fine the other day. The only thing i did was update my drivers to 18.7.1. Will try rolling them back and disabling wallpaper engine

Just try to play around with the launcher options.  Like if 64 bit is on try and turn it off.  Also there is a list of softwares that don’t cooperate with warframe on their troubleshooting guide. Mine was the Razer Synapse app so I disabled it will in background.

4 hours ago, Blactavis said:

Just try to play around with the launcher options.  Like if 64 bit is on try and turn it off.  Also there is a list of softwares that don’t cooperate with warframe on their troubleshooting guide. Mine was the Razer Synapse app so I disabled it will in background.

Thanks, i tried it, turned off every app in the background, rolled back drivers, screwed with settings, verified cache, uninstalled, reinstalled, tried everything i could think of. It still will not get past the part where he stands up. I dont know what to do and only hope DE reads this and fixes it

19 hours ago, Potatoman967 said:

Thanks, i tried it, turned off every app in the background, rolled back drivers, screwed with settings, verified cache, uninstalled, reinstalled, tried everything i could think of. It still will not get past the part where he stands up. I dont know what to do and only hope DE reads this and fixes it

I don't know what it could be then, only other thing i can think of it being is a hardware problem on your end.  Hope you get it solved mate.

I am having this exact same issue. Log in and the game quits halfway through my warframe standing up.

I'm on Win 10 with Nvidia using Steam.

I've tried everything as well: driver updates, reinstalling the game, turning off Avast and other background apps. Nothing seems to work. This has been going on since Thursday after the update. I was able to get it to work on my laptop (Win 7) just fine to run the Catalyst and Riven alerts on Friday, but would much rather play on my desktop.