Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Please remove room dependencies preventing room destruction

H.Katsura_999

Good day DE, I'm In-charge of my clan's Dojo Architecture. 

The plan was for a 5 floor Dojo consisting of this design:

QYHxhhL.png

The catch here was to create the Starting Clan hall on top (1st floor) while the Great Clan Hall was at the Bottom (5th floor).

Its was mammoth project that required some serious planning as we needed to build an elevator going from top all the way to the bottom, then building the greater halls starting from bottom all the way up to meet the starting clan hall at the top via another elevator.

It went well and we manage to create a circuit running from 1st floor down to the bottom floor the up again without passing the same way twice. Basically a loop.

How here comes the frustrating part, after the loop was created, and construction was on going, I tried to disconnect the loop by deleting the elevator shaft going from 1st floor to bottom, as it's in the way of the other future rooms.

Barj8nK.png

As it was a loop..... Basically it asked me to delete the entire bottom floor all the way up then down again. O_O

ksVToPS.png

This is a pic of our 2nd floor. I needed to delete this elevator shaft (inside the yellow line) but the components warning is confused due to the loop pathway we created.

I believe the Dojo system we currently have is applied in a way for us to make a "linear" style dojo, the one with two points namely the "start and the end".

Doing a loop style dojo causes the system to lose its bearings as it loses track of those two end points (since they are connected in a loop)

My suggestion is to apply a "force delete room option", even if there are child components that would be disconnected. The architect just needs to build the same room again if problems were to surface.

Please help DE, I'm so stressed right now, I might get kicked out of my clan huhuhuhuh T~T

Edited by H.Katsura_999