Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Resource acquisition via Operator-only/Umbra inclusive Missions

Shabach

tl;dr A specific set of missions that give rare/useful resources that are Operator only. possibly include Umbra specters

I'm here on vacation, reading a couple posts about why people started playing, why they've stopped playing, problems with farming, focus, and relics, and one thing in particular jumped out at me. The base reason we level up weapons, or build new Warframes, is so our grind can be more interesting, less difficult, or more rewarding. Sometimes a new frame is enough for us to want to stretch our legs (or fingers) in a survival mission, maybe that level 30 Tigris will get you further in a defense mission, or make farming a boss 3x faster than before. Now that you finally have Nekros, you don't have to spend as much time farming for Oxium/Plastids/Ocells. The common factor here is that all the progression we are working towards, bolsters the core gameplay loop, which is great!

Then there's the focus system. It's the "end game" of Warframe. For me however, it feels like a mostly separate system with little useful interaction in other content. It's separated from the loop. The Zenurik energy boost is nice, EZ revives for teammates, and obviously in Eidolon hunting it's nice to have an Operator that's more useful in battle than an actual adolescent, but I haven't found a place that the Operator exists in more than just an ancillary role (again outside of Eidolon shield breaking). So the idea that I had while thinking of the new Fortuna area, and a specific mentioning of the Quills faction being present there, as well as the quills role in providing Amps and Fashion items; What if the Quills had a special set of missions that were highly lucrative, but were Operator only? Or possibly Umbra inclusive, but as a specter role only? The missions could vary between quick one-off types like assassination or exterminate, but could also feature survival and defense missions akin to the old Void Tower style of farming. Staying for a longer diration in these Operator-only missions would be rewarded with rare resources or larger quantities of difficult/time-consuming resources. Direct access to vaulted prime parts? Non-vaulted prime parts? Ducats? Oxium/Cryotic (I can't be the only one that is always almost out of these)? It's tough, because I'm really not sure what veteran players really want, aside from a trainer tool that lets them set every game resource to 9999. Some suggestions would be great, because all the examples I try to think of either already exist in other areas, or are impractical (direct ducat farming is probably super dumb).

I like my Operator. I keep his voice lines on, because it was an enjoyable process to discover him and pick what he looks like and kit him out, but he feels pretty useless to me most of the time. A place where I'm forced to use him, to get something valuable to me would be nice. The key thing here is this: Warframes base progression of building weapons/frames leads back to the grind, whereas the focus system mostly just feeds back into the focus system. Finding a way to lead the focus system back into the grind would be nice. I'm getting really tired now, so I'm starting to trail off. Maybe someone can flesh out this idea a little better in the comments. 'night!

seems too difficult to balance, after having done a ton of eidolon hunts majority of players I meet have the base mote amp and base operator with nothing(me included) so that would make the operator only missions incredibly difficult, however if for the base operator it would be easy then those who spent millions of focus it would be piss easy so I don't see a way to balance it