The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

"find A Squad" Is Too Popular So De Decide Lock Users From Creating Topics ...

Perhelion

In all seriousness. I bet DE closed that section because servers can't handle the thread numbers... which is quite funny and lame at the same time.

I mean... this is only a forum, not an MMORPG which needs a server-park with 5000 Exabyte.

it just a forum, but our post is saved on database server that, although not reaching exabyte, still take resource. for example (just a rough calculation), a post with 200 character will be saved on database server as 200byte + header data. looks small? every post must be processed by several request and reply to the server, with each of them take several byte. still looks small? now, just for see the post like we do now, there's still request and reply with the server that take more byte. still small? now imagine this is done about thousand times every second.

it can be understood that to use the resource more efficiently, they need to remove unnecessary (or repetitive) feature. but yeah... if this is the case, it's lame that DE still don't have enough resource just for the forum....

Edited by agung.up

if this is the case, it's lame that DE still don't have enough resource just for the forum....

You nailed my point there.

As a consumer I don't care what are the reasons. I want them working. How they make it happen? Don't care.

But here's a free tip for DE... Make Moderators to delete inactive threads older then 2days. Memory problem solved

Edited by Sikab

Last, I'm sorry if our previous reply isn't really thoughtful. most people here (including me) can't stand people who don't want to use or even try the game feature just because they want something instant given to them. And most of people here (including me again) don't bother to read the post thoroughly and respond seriously when the post title itself have sarcastic tone in it.

So, for the name of our beloved community, I'm sorry for the inconvenience.

agung why are you assuming and you sounds like somebody who is totally sure that I haven't try game features like chat? I have mentioned few times that I have been using this and I steel use, more - I thing it's a great feature and I already told this. Seriously looks like you have problems with reading or it might be my English? This what you saying doesn't have any sens. If I would wont something instant I would use in game chat! Came on :) Please read again what I posted before you say something. Seriously I don't have any bad intentions, I just wont to point the problem and arguing / fighting here isn't needed. I have already explained why I think we should have "find a squad" section on forum so I will not go through this again, everything is in previous post.

If you don't bother to read the post because of some reasons don't troll, read next one more interesting.

Maybe there should be pinned some rules about posting in find a squad section so it will not be that messy as it is now. Actually I was quire surprised when I was reading this, most of topics actually could be done done using in game chat and also many of them was repeating. It can be resolved by pinning "instruction manual" letting know people how find a squad section works and how to use it.

agung why are you assuming and you sounds like somebody who is totally sure that I haven't try game features like chat? I have mentioned few times that I have been using this and I steel use, more - I thing it's a great feature and I already told this. Seriously looks like you have problems with reading or it might be my English? This what you saying doesn't have any sens. If I would wont something instant I would use in game chat! Came on :) Please read again what I posted before you say something. Seriously I don't have any bad intentions, I just wont to point the problem and arguing / fighting here isn't needed. I have already explained why I think we should have "find a squad" section on forum so I will not go through this again, everything is in previous post.

If you don't bother to read the post because of some reasons don't troll, read next one more interesting.

Maybe there should be pinned some rules about posting in find a squad section so it will not be that messy as it is now. Actually I was quire surprised when I was reading this, most of topics actually could be done done using in game chat and also many of them was repeating. It can be resolved by pinning "instruction manual" letting know people how find a squad section works and how to use it.

i assuming because like i said before, your post have a tone of sarcasm in the title. that's make me and some people don't take you seriously, hence why come the troll of us. once again, I'm sorry for not taking it seriously before.

now if you want me to leave the thread, fine. just keep the discussion in the topic, and no need to make yourself becoming like us the trolls that having fun with insulting people. I'm serious about this.

now on topic: how many people do you think will read the instruction manual? because in my experience most people don't ever read readme file. so it's not really an effective solution unless there's enough moderators for keep things tidy and people that reporting the duplicate thread.

People telling OP to use region/recruitment chat, have you actually seen said chats? They're so full of people wanting to leech other peoples keys it's not even funny, and even then it's so full of spam you can't properly find good people. Also region chat is not for recruiting but it doesn't seem to stop people.

But them closing find a squad forums is hilarious, it shows how incompetent they are.

People telling OP to use region/recruitment chat, have you actually seen said chats? They're so full of people wanting to leech other peoples keys it's not even funny, and even then it's so full of spam you can't properly find good people. Also region chat is not for recruiting but it doesn't seem to stop people.

But them closing find a squad forums is hilarious, it shows how incompetent they are.

actually agreed with this. that's why I stick with clan and alliance chat. still have spammer, but at least not region-wide spammers.

now on topic: how many people do you think will read the instruction manual? because in my experience most people don't ever read readme file. so it's not really an effective solution unless there's enough moderators for keep things tidy and people that reporting the duplicate thread.

Well, I'm hoping they will and I'm hopping there's somebody who can look after this cleaning what needs to be clean. Any forum needs to be maintain and have it's rules, that's quite obvious. Unless there's other solution which I don't see at the moment.

My experiences with in game chat are very similar. It's good for quick actions, but when you wont to organize something even a bit more complicated than you might have problems which you would not experience on forum. Also when you post a topic on forum many people can see this, when you use chat it disappears after few seconds, your conversation is mixing with others ...