Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Some Ideas For Changes To Polarities For Build Diversity

Volt_Cruelerz

This is something I just thought of and haven't mentally reviewed it like most of the things I post here, so it could be a flop, but what if when you polarize something, you could select not just the polarity but also what that polarity does?  What I'm saying is that you could choose what benefit polarizing gives.  The following are just three ideas that might help make builds more diverse and would encourage play with friends

Efficiency Effect: exactly what we have now, though some graphic would likely need to be added to distinguish them from the . others here.  When a slot is E polarized for V mods, dropping your 11 point Focus in takes 6 slots.  Mismatching polarities makes equip costs higher.

Power Effect: increases the effectiveness of a mod of matching polarity placed on that slot by 80% and decreases the effectiveness of mods of unlike mods.  So if you were to take that same +30% Power Strength mod and apply it to a P polarized V slot, it would become a 54%.

Aura Effect: matching polarities gives 35% of the mod's effects to allies.  Mismatching the effect reduces the effectiveness of it on you (don't really want players to be able to gimp allies)

As far as implementing this system, all that one would have to do is just make all existing polarities efficiency ones.  From there, any new weapons could have the new polarity effects and using forma could also do so.  This might help add some diversity for builds as now even with the same mod pool, you may want different things.

Edited by Volt_Cruelerz

I've foreseen the terrible things Tenno will do with Serration and a power effect V polarity... and it has pleased me greatly.

Son, I am proud of you.

The aura effect, however, I can only see working in addition to ability affecting V aura mods, not replacing them (not that you implied they would).