Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Nightmare Mode - Energy Drain Ideas

felldian

Basically, today was the first time I came face to face with the energy drain, and to be honest I'm kind of disappointed as to how ridiculous it is. Health vampire is a fun mode because you have to keep killing to stay alive, low grav is just fun, no map is silly and no shields is annoying but can be tense.

Then there's energy drain. You pick up energy, it's gone in seconds. Even with a max level energy siphon it only marginally slowed the drain. I was expecting to get small amounts of energy per kill, but it never happened. And if you ended up with a Energy Drain/No Shield nightmare defence, you were in for a bad time.

Now clearly, we can't get energy back from kills, that would make the mode way to easy, but if they even slightly reduced the drain rate so that energy siphon's could really make a difference or even made it that you couldn't have more than 100 energy at a time, as opposed to none.

I think it's worth talking about at least, so any ideas or complaints are welcome.

Maybe when you pick up an energy orb there could be a 4 second delay before being drained.

I don't really care there needs to be more challenge to Nightmare, and making it so we can not use spells because of energy drain is a good. 

I don't even bother using energy siphon mod while soloing unless playing with others to stack it.