Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Refining Transmutation (Horadric Cube Approach)

DeadlyNerd

Even though it's not really a game breaking issue and gambling is always done at one's risk, it IS implemented half assedly.

I propose the horadric cube type of implementation.

Why?

In analogy with D2, mods are essentially runes. Combining runes yielded runes higher on the rarity scale. (I know I know, runes are sort of an alphabet but stay with me)

Each time I transmuted common runes and got a rarer rune, I got a satisfactory feeling of achieving something.

The whole horadric cube was a neat little minigame within D2.

With that I propose the following.

Set up recipes for transmuting mods into cores and other mods. I suppose fusion cores could be the simplest recipes like "4 same mods, core of that rarity", up to combinations of 4 mods to yield another mod. Possibilities are still practically endless, but complete randomness is never the solution.

edit: my apologies to Eulo, I didn't notice your thread.

Edited by DeadlyNerd

Horadric cube = Mod Fusion system

for gems sure, not for runes though which is what the topic is about.

other then that, yes, (at least some) fixed recipes would be the way to go instead of adding rng on top of rng and tryin to fix it with more rng while throwing in some rng for variety and flavour.

rng rng rng rng? rng!

Edited by SlyBoots

To be frank, while rune is D2 can be upgraded with Horadric cube and that makes sense, applying the same treatment with mod transmute is unlikely. Runes in D2 are a lot more varied in term of tier. From El to Zod. Mods in Warframe aren't that varied, just common/uncommon/rare.

Three tier compared to almost 20 tier.

I think a better approach would be gamble system. We sell unwanted mods and use credit to gamble with random mod pack for low chance of getting rare mods. While the end result probably be the same, I think player would be less likely to angry about it since it's gambling, not transmuting. A matter wording, really.

To be frank, while rune is D2 can be upgraded with Horadric cube and that makes sense, applying the same treatment with mod transmute is unlikely. Runes in D2 are a lot more varied in term of tier. From El to Zod. Mods in Warframe aren't that varied, just common/uncommon/rare.

Three tier compared to almost 20 tier.

I think a better approach would be gamble system. We sell unwanted mods and use credit to gamble with random mod pack for low chance of getting rare mods. While the end result probably be the same, I think player would be less likely to angry about it since it's gambling, not transmuting. A matter wording, really.

Actually, when talking about rarity, all runes are of official "common rarity". Mods can always be sorted by such drop chance rarity, from ability mods to multishot mods. There is enough data to do this.

Gambling system is just a different package for the current system. It's still the same thing and players would still get evenly angry because their hard earned "gambling points" got wasted to gain a few common mods.

Transmutation, in the meaning of the term, is tied to alchemy, in which every combination has a static result. With so many mods in the game, I wouldn't mind if several combinations gave the same mod in return. It'd actually work in favor of making every mod useful.