Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Weirdest Bug Ever - Mission Failed On Join

Envsan

So I just tried to join a Kappa session, and I was greeted with a "Mission Failed" screen while the intro cutscenes were playing. In addition to this, I was informed that my frame, primary, secondary, and melee were all Rank _ Excaliburs.

I'm sorry, wat: http://i42.tinypic.com/2qsny3n.jpg

So, naturally, when I wasn't returned to the main menu as promised, I tried to abort the mission by hitting escape and bailing out. This is when I found out that I had entered ~THE TWILIGHT ZONE~

I was greeted by the absolute strangest error message I've ever encountered in the game: "Mission could not be aborted because it has already been failed!"
http://i40.tinypic.com/2nb8xev.jpg

Clicking "OK" would then dump me back to the in-game menu.

In a desperate attempt to escape ~THE TWILIGHT ZONE~ I tried to just flat out quit the game. Doing this would prompt the appearance of the typical "you will keep your progress but lose your blah blah blah, ok/cancel" alert, and clicking "OK" would result in... *drum roll*
NOTHING!

That's right, my every attempt to escape the twilight zone was futile. I was a prisoner of a failed mission for all eternity. Of course I refused to accept my Promethean imprisonment and decided to nuke it from orbit (alt-tab out and murder the game with task manager).

Now the only reason I decided to actually start a forum thread is that this has happened to me twice in a row now. Once, fine. I'm ok with weird occasional glitches.

Twice in a row? Nu-uh.

Anyone else experience this?

Edit: I should note that there were three datamasses lying around for me to play with, that I had no HUD, and that I could still use powers.

Edited by Envsan