Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Nightmare Weekend - Yeah, No.

Hipolipolopigus

You were the first to post in my thread of a similar view point about this mod weekend, and you basically said the same thing. You need new material, or at least valid reason for your response.

I need a reason?

You need a reason. You are complaining you are gaining something in an easier way then you could previously, it's a shortcut, and I see *@##$ing and whining.

I mean, if you don't want free things for easier effort then originally, don't do the event. Otherwise, stop complaining.

No, it's not a huge scale event, but god, do we need those every week? Some of us want a break. This is a nice inbetween.

The difference is you know what the dual stat mods are rather than going into a Nightmare mode mission grinding it until you get what you want.

I do have to agree the alerts are on the slim side.

Also my clan have be more active this weekend than any other so there are people out there who really want these mods.

I need a reason?

You need a reason. You are complaining you are gaining something in an easier way then you could previously, it's a shortcut, and I see *@##$ing and whining.

I mean, if you don't want free things for easier effort then originally, don't do the event. Otherwise, stop complaining.

No, it's not a huge scale event, but god, do we need those every week? Some of us want a break. This is a nice inbetween.

You fail to see what the actual argument we're trying to make is. It'd be easier if there were more of them, but - again, for the third time - it's easier to farm Nightmare Missions outside of the event to get what you want, even if it's something like Blaze. 

I need a reason?

Fine response. I suppose if you throw complaining and swears in your post it makes it more powerful and persuasive; not so much.

I know it is a crazy thing to expect what DE says they will do to actually do.

A Nightmare mod weekend is to be just that.

Not a desert of sand to pound waiting for the elusive oasis of a mod to show up.

Of course your complaining about others is not whining, and is totally justified; not so much.

I still hold, you really have nothing to say, so you say it as loud as you know how.

Edited by Fiia

DE: ohh hey look free stuff

PPL: NO WE HATE YOU F** YOU WE HATE UR GAME BUT WE WILL KEEP PLAYING IT FOR NO REASON

You obviously take your understanding of this thread from the first comment and a skim read of the OP, rather than... Well, everything else.

I don't hate the game. I don't hate DE. I dislike the fact that this "Nightmare Weekend" is so watered down that it may as well not even be happening.

Umm... no?

Tell that to the four that I've gotten waiting for an Alert while I'm awake.

"I got Blaze mod four times, therefore, everyone must have easy time acquiring it!" 

"Iv'e done a few Nightmare missions and not gotten Blaze, so everyone else must have a hard time acquiring it!"

Sure, it's... What, 1%? But that doesn't mean you'll need to do one hundred missions to get one. RNG is RNG, etc.

Nightmare Mod Alerts vs Everything Else.

Is this some kind of joke? With the pathetically low amount of alerts we'd be better off doing Nightmare missions without participating in this weekend at all! Share your thoughts. I'm sure we didn't actually expect this weekend to be any good, but... Ugh.

Edit: You're all missing the point thus far. This isn't about the lack of an actual event, but the fact that this weekend has had precious few Nightmare Alerts, even though it's a "Nightmare Weekend". Again, we may as well not be participating and doing regular Nightmare missions.

Sir it is you who is missing the point. The fact the de even bother to do week end events of even the lowest quality (which it isn't) is a damn miricle.

Every single evemt, good or bad we gwt the same ol' complainers whining about how their free stuff isnt good enough.

Unless de is taking away all your stuff, killed your dog, and burned your house down, why even start?

Sir it is you who is missing the point. The fact the de even bother to do week end events of even the lowest quality (which it isn't) is a damn miricle.

Every single evemt, good or bad we gwt the same ol' complainers whining about how their free stuff isnt good enough.

Unless de is taking away all your stuff, killed your dog, and burned your house down, why even start?

The "It's free, don't complain" train of thought is a plague on these forums, it seems. DE did something far, far below their usual standard - they set their own bar.

The "It's free, don't complain" train of thought is a plague on these forums, it seems. DE did something far, far below their usual standard - they set their own bar.

I guess its a matter of perspective. I come from online games that dont give you F all, and when they do it's on a monthly basis if your lucky. A plegue? I dont think so. De doing events every single weekend, with out exception I rather be appreciative, suppoortavie and above all else, understanding to encourage the devs to continue and,give them the spirit to be creative.

The real plegue is the whiners that suck the life out of all,the,hard work feom the devs and from the players who arent so entitled

Ps. please forgive the lousy,typing. Im on my phone

Edited by aldershot

This isn't an actual event, much like the 2x affinity weekend, this is something for the players. You don't hurt anyone but yourself from doing nothing, it's just a "Hey, here you go" weekend.

If you really think that's bad then I guess you want everyone to have a really hard time to farm, which according to your other comments you are against.

I guess its a matter of perspective. I come from online games that dont give you F all, and when they do it's on a monthly basis if your lucky. A plegue? I dont think so. De doing events every single weekend, with out exception I rather be appreciative, suppoortavie and above all else, understanding to encourage the devs to continue and,give them the spirit to be creative.

The reL plegue is the whiners that suck the life out of all,the,hard work feom the devs and from the players who arent so entitled.

Ps. Olease forgive the lousy,typing. Im on my phone

Oh yes, I'm such a whiner for making one thread about something that irks me. Never mind the rest of my content on the forums, right?

This isn't an actual event, much like the 2x affinity weekend, this is something for the players. You don't hurt anyone but yourself from doing nothing, it's just a "Hey, here you go" weekend.

If you really think that's bad then I guess you want everyone to have a really hard time to farm, which according to your other comments you are against.

Again, not saying it's an actual event. Saying that it may as well not even be there with how scarce the Alerts are. That's four times now.

Edited by Hipolipolopigus

Nightmare Mod Alerts vs Everything Else.

Is this some kind of joke? With the pathetically low amount of alerts we'd be better off doing Nightmare missions without participating in this weekend at all! Share your thoughts. I'm sure we didn't actually expect this weekend to be any good, but... Ugh.

Edit: You're all missing the point thus far. This isn't about the lack of an actual event, but the fact that this weekend has had precious few Nightmare Alerts, even though it's a "Nightmare Weekend". Again, we may as well not be participating and doing regular Nightmare missions.

Honestly? At first sight I was like

"Nightmare Weekend? Hell yes! Kids will cry and tremble in fear. Finally something challenging"

**************Realize it's only a filler event***************

"Q_Q"

Edited by Sikab

ill just copy some answer i gave to a fellow tenno about this topic,

"ok, no, i think the problem is other.

warframe is becoming unpredictable, the devs tell you to go for NM and grind for super special random mods, 2 months later you can grab them on alerts and knowing what the mods will we as a reward, no RNG.

i think is great to give everyone the oportunity to have all that the game has to offer, just wanna mark that the problem is never knowing wich rules the devs will break next time."

and

"Not really, any game that is based on grinding like this one (i would love to see more on story and gameplay but is not the case right now, is all about farming resources and bp) must have some "rules", if you expect people to invest their time in the game (yes, time is a valuable thing) looking for rare mods and RNG content, is not polite to give away the same mods some time later without RNG and openly saying wich mod you will receive.

i dont have a lot of these mods myself, but i understand why some players who farmed all the mods in his day are frustrated for this "event".

as a last example, it tooked around 1 week of intensive key farming and void visiting for me to get the paris prime upper limb (i have all the prime weapons by now), imagine how &!$$ed off i would be if in some "event" they give the paris prime as a prize.

would that be fair? is the devs rules, not mine, maintain the game structure or change it (i would love to see they changing it, RNG sucks), but this hybrid is no fair."

just another point of view, not intended to argue here.

cheers!

Try understanding the thread before posting. The point is that the Alerts are so scarce, it's easier to farm regular Nightmares for any given Nightmare mod.

Oh realllllyyyy?! You're saying that it's easier to farm regular NM for Blaze and Hammershot than it is to get from this event? And the term easier is relative. It takes a lot less effort to put in to get even the common NM mods like Ice Storm because you might have to do a few missions for it to drop with it's 15% chance drop rate. With this event, you only have to do ONE mission when the alert pops up. Then there are the 7% chance drop rate NM mods.

So please, keep telling us how it's easier to farm the regular NM modes for Blaze and Hammershot than it is to get from this event. Hell, the event isn't even over yet and I've gotten 2 Blazes and 1 Hammershot in 2 days compared to the weeks  and  that I farmed countless NM missions to get 3 Blazes and 2 Hammershots.

Oh realllllyyyy?! You're saying that it's easier to farm regular NM for Blaze and Hammershot than it is to get from this event? And the term easier is relative. It takes a lot less effort to put in to get even the common NM mods like Ice Storm because you might have to do a few missions for it to drop with it's 15% chance drop rate. With this event, you only have to do ONE mission when the alert pops up. Then there are the 7% chance drop rate NM mods.

So please, keep telling us how it's easier to farm the regular NM modes for Blaze and Hammershot than it is to get from this event. Hell, the event isn't even over yet and I've gotten 2 Blazes and 1 Hammershot in 2 days compared to the weeks  and  that I farmed countless NM missions to get 3 Blazes and 2 Hammershots.

First off, calm down.

I've gotten four Blazes this weekend. None were from the Alerts. Do 100 nightmare missions while you're sitting there, twiddling your thumbs for a nightmare Alert. See what happens.

I'm going to be controversial and say that I agree with OP.

1. The concept of the event is good, created with the intention of giving everyone an alternative to farming for those mods.

2. DE have exceeded expectations by even giving us an event while they're at gamescom.

3. Free stuff is always good.

BUT

A higher frequency of special alerts wouldn't be a bad thing and wouldn't hurt anybody.