Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Nightmare Weekend - Yeah, No.

Hipolipolopigus

I'm going to be controversial and say that I agree with OP.

1. The concept of the event is good, created with the intention of giving everyone an alternative to farming for those mods.

2. DE have exceeded expectations by even giving us an event while they're at gamescom.

3. Free stuff is always good.

BUT

A higher frequency of special alerts wouldn't be a bad thing and wouldn't hurt anybody.

This is true, but once again, it is more than likely that they do not want to risk tampering with the Alerts, since the entire team isn't home to fix any issues that may come with said increase in frequency.

First off, calm down.

I've gotten four Blazes this weekend. None were from the Alerts. Do 100 nightmare missions while you're sitting there, twiddling your thumbs for a nightmare Alert. See what happens.

Well, I can't do 100 missions. I hate rushing for one thing. I also have hand problems that I have to manage carefully. I don't typically play more than 3-4 missions a day most days. So, for people like me at least, this is a blessing. I've picked up Blaze, hammer shot, and some others. I've missed a couple of Rending Strikes, but maybe there will be another later. That and Accelerated Blast would be great. I have the others I care about.

First off, calm down.

I've gotten four Blazes this weekend. None were from the Alerts. Do 100 nightmare missions while you're sitting there, twiddling your thumbs for a nightmare Alert. See what happens.

First off STFU. I'm not the one who made the rage thread. Second, you farming all weekend for Blaze still doesn't mean it's "easier" than doing these alerts. Third, I'm doing other stuff in real life and letting twitter notify me. I'm not sitting there waiting. Plus I already had all the NM mods even before this weekend so these are merely bonuses for me. I'm not devoting ANY effort to getting them.

So please tell everyone again how getting Blaze and Hammershot is easier from the normal NM missions than they are from these alerts. So far no one agrees with you. You're stubbornly clinging to your ridiculous assertions.

First off STFU. I'm not the one who made the rage thread. Second, you farming all weekend for Blaze still doesn't mean it's "easier" than doing these alerts. Third, I'm doing other stuff in real life and letting twitter notify me. I'm not sitting there waiting. Plus I already had all the NM mods even before this weekend so these are merely bonuses for me. I'm not devoting ANY effort to getting them.

So please tell everyone again how getting Blaze and Hammershot is easier from the normal NM missions than they are from these alerts. So far no one agrees with you. You're stubbornly clinging to your ridiculous assertions.

Man I got 3 blaze and a hammer shot the day they added Garbage Nightmare Mode in the space of 10 missions. LUCK IS POWERFUL.

That said this event is a joke. To change the context, lets say I invite you over to dinner every two weeks and give you a full meal, then I suddenly just give you some crackers for dinner with nothing else. That's more or less the point the OP has, we have an event, that's happening at a bare minimum. In the time it takes to wait for one, you could just as easily speed run the easiest NM mission a few times and drum up, at worst fusion fodder, and at best, the mod you're looking for.

And where's my rage in this thread? The only one raging out of the two of us is you, it's not my fault you're staying up for the weekend in hopes of getting Blaze ;)

Dear god. Take a nap or something, you're stressed the hell out and raging on poor Hipolipolopigus *God that was hard to spell* over here.

Noone is forcing you to do the alerts, go to nightmare mode, or play this game.

However, you do say "Third, I'm doing other stuff in real life and letting twitter notify me." While you sit here and rage your heart out. You're obviously not doing much in real life if a computer to view twitter is adjacent to you, and you could put down what you're doing for said alert.

Please, stop raging like a madman and try thinking reasonably.

And where's my rage in this thread? The only one raging out of the two of us is you, it's not my fault you're staying up for the weekend in hopes of getting Blaze ;)

Seriously? You're the one who said he farmed all weekend enough to get 4 Blazes. All I did was occasionally check Twitter for the alerts while doing real life stuff and log in whenever a mod I felt like getting popped up. You're just being stupid now accusing me of doing something that you yourself admitted to be doing.

And oh look. Yet another Hammershot alert popped up. That's 3 that I know of. But hey keep trying to spread your delusion that getting Blaze and Hammershot is easier doing the "normal" NM modes than it is doing these alerts. People are happy getting them while you're crying in your milk.

People are happy getting them while you're crying in your milk.

He then spilled the said milk, and now you're crying over it.

Seriously, what do you expect this conversation to do? You're bumping his "Whining" thread and making yourself look immature. And if you insult him one more time I am going to have to report you.

Such words should not be used on other Tenno in a friendly discussion area.

Dear god. Take a nap or something, you're stressed the hell out and raging on poor Hipolipolopigus *God that was hard to spell* over here.

Noone is forcing you to do the alerts, go to nightmare mode, or play this game.

However, you do say "Third, I'm doing other stuff in real life and letting twitter notify me." While you sit here and rage your heart out. You're obviously not doing much in real life if a computer to view twitter is adjacent to you, and you could put down what you're doing for said alert.

Please, stop raging like a madman and try thinking reasonably.

You do realize that I'm totally for this event don't you? I'm not complaining about the event I'm defending it. And by the way, I'm a 3D modeller, moron. I work on the computer all the time. And it's not hard for me to check twitter once every few hours.

Please, stop raging like a madman and try thinking reasonably.

He then spilled the said milk, and now you're crying over it.

Seriously, what do you expect this conversation to do? You're bumping his "Whining" thread and making yourself look immature. And if you insult him one more time I am going to have to report you.

Such words should not be used on other Tenno in a friendly discussion area.

Why are you replying to my posts then? Take your own advice. Hypocrite.

In the time it takes to wait for one, you could just as easily speed run the easiest NM mission a few times and drum up, at worst fusion fodder, and at best, the mod you're looking for.

Like I said before, this is totally not true for Blaze or Hammershot. Why do you think people were excited over this?

And by the way, I'm a 3D modeller, moron.

From the impression of your tone of needing to result to such words as "Moron" and "Stupid" I would not have thought you had a job at home that requires use of the internet, or a job at all.

However, I am sure a moderator would be glad to know exactly what you're saying. If you can't control yourself, maybe a Commod can.

Seriously? You're the one who said he farmed all weekend enough to get 4 Blazes. All I did was occasionally check Twitter for the alerts while doing real life stuff and log in whenever a mod I felt like getting popped up. You're just being stupid now accusing me of doing something that you yourself admitted to be doing.

And oh look. Yet another Hammershot alert popped up. That's 3 that I know of. But hey keep trying to spread your delusion that getting Blaze and Hammershot is easier doing the "normal" NM modes than it is doing these alerts. People are happy getting them while you're crying in your milk.

You just seemed a tad angry, even for a forum. Assumed it was sleep deprivation from staying up waiting for the right mod.

Again; pay attention to what I'm saying, it's not that hard. I have no issue with the mods being given out in Alerts - that's fine - the issue is naming a whole weekend after a mission set - in this case, Nightmare - and having just as many, if not more regular Alerts than that specific mission set. It is currently easier and far more economical to do non-Alert Nightmare missions to find what you want than to wait for any specific Nightmare Alert.

From the impression of your tone of needing to result to such words as "Moron" and "Stupid" I would not have thought you had a job at home that requires use of the internet, or a job at all.

However, I am sure a moderator would be glad to know exactly what you're saying. If you can't control yourself, maybe a Commod can.

Riiight. I'm not the one who posted nothing but an off-topic post just because you have a grudge against me.

You just seemed a tad angry, even for a forum. Assumed it was sleep deprivation from staying up waiting for the right mod.

Again; pay attention to what I'm saying, it's not that hard. I have no issue with the mods being given out in Alerts - that's fine - the issue is naming a whole weekend after a mission set - in this case, Nightmare - and having just as many, if not more regular Alerts than that specific mission set. It is currently easier and far more economical to do non-Alert Nightmare missions to find what you want than to wait for any specific Nightmare Alert.

And you seem unable to comprehend the simplest of concepts. I assumed it was sleep deprivation from you staying up to grind NM missions this whole weekend.

Maybe YOU should pay attention to what I'm saying. It is currently easier and far more efficient use of time for players to do this event rather than grind the NM missions for mods like Blaze and Hammershot. Your argument makes no sense since if players missed out on alerts because they have other obligations, they would have never had the time to farm NM missions this weekend anyway due to those same real life obligations.

Is it really that hard to understand?

Edited by EetNotErn

And you seem unable to comprehend the simplest of concepts. I assumed it was sleep deprivation from you staying up to grind NM missions this whole weekend.

Maybe YOU should pay attention to what I'm saying. It is currently easier and far more efficient use of time for players to do this event rather than grind the NM missions for mods like Blaze and Hammershot. Your argument makes no sense since if players missed out on alerts because they have other obligations, they would have never had the time to farm NM missions this weekend anyway due to those same real life obligations.

Is it really that hard to understand?

Shh, it's okay. Calm down and come back when you can post like a civil creature.

Shh, it's okay. Calm down and come back when you can post like a civil creature.

Sooo..... you still haven't explained how farming NM missions for two 1% drop mods is easier than following twitter to get those same mods. But hey keep using school yard tactics. But nooo, I'm the one being uncivil. Ha!

Sooo..... you still haven't explained how farming NM missions for two 1% drop mods is easier than following twitter to get those same mods. But hey keep using school yard tactics. But nooo, I'm the one being uncivil. Ha!

I was going to clean this up nicely, but I realized that I would have to cut out half the thread.

Locking this.

PS: Nightmare is a fickle mistress. Personal luck does not equate general luck. Some people had to farm weeks for one Blaze or Hammershot. For those who still don't have it, this isa good opportunity. Of course, this is not the event of the century. But, seriously, the core of the OP is: "Regular Nightmare is easier, this is nothing special!" - ignoring the part where alert + Nightmare spawns ever stronger mobs, and knowing what mod to get reduces hit & miss runs of Nightmare against one's intentions. You just go and get what you want. Simple as that.

PPS: Why can't people stay civil? And next time, all of you, don't get into heated arguments, report the insulting party and move on.