Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Why Is It More Rewarding To Play A Level 13-15 Map Than 70+?

LtZefar

So not long ago there was an alert on Pluto where the enemies where higher than level 70 and I played that one. My rewards was as followed.

Common Fusion Core

Quick Draw

Shocking Touch

This was against Grineer on an almost pitch black Raid map with very little lights on. I got some resources but hardly anything of value. Also the values on the materials that dropped where less than those I get on Uranus. Which is about 30 levels lower.

I was alone on that map though but still level 70+ enemies should start dropping some good stuff.

After that I go to Lua on Earth and I get a ton of resources even if it's one that I have no use of at the moment, I get plenty of mods from that map and even uncommon Fusion Cores.

This was with 4 people but materials and such are dropping like crazy. Why am I punished for playing such a high level mission without getting any type of reward from it?

It's gotten to the point where I don't bother with high level missions. They don't give good stuff back for the trouble it takes me to play through them. I can just be on low level missions and activate my Iron Skin skill and never ever die.

The EXP I get on Lua is often far far higher than those higher level missions. Even if I kill 200 enemies.

I have really no reason to go any high level areas. Uranus seems to give better Plastid drops than Eris even though Eris is far harder. I can farm a ton of Rubedo on Earth and get a good amount per round. So I don't need to go to a high level mission for them.

This is the only game I know of where low level missions are so much better to be on than high level ones. Can you at least make it so that high level missions are worth playing?

It's just me but I'm in a point where plating high level missions is the only thing that I have left to do, and also is far more fun

True that some people like the more difficulty maps but I tend to like being rewarded more for hard work. When the maps gives absolutely nothing for it I'm not having much fun doing it.

Mainly because I don't need the EXP because I only use powerful weapons. My Warframe is already max level. If I where to use a low level weapons I'd be unable to damage these enemies.

RNG is RNG.

They can still make it better and it doesn't stop them from giving double Resource materials per drop for the amount of time it takes to make your weapon powerful enough to complete the map. I'm sure they can easily increase the drop rates on other things and stop low level mods from dropping.

Maybe make enemies drop 2 mods at once when they drop a mod. Or possible 3 if you reach like wave 100 on Endless Defense. Just reward people for being that good and getting that far. Then we'd have a reason to actually play those maps for quite some time.

It isn't. You get so much better loot from high lvl enemies than on low lvl ones.

Namely rare mods and fusion cores.

Ever tried Eris - Cyath?

I ran Lua and got 2 uncommon fusion core and loads of other mods. I go for other low level maps and still get uncommon mods for it. Since Fusion core is one of the primary mods used to fuse low level drop them a lot more. Not to talk about the 3000 salvage and 300 rubedo I get from low level Mobile defense mission is just lovely.

High level not so much, and since almost all of them miss Mobile Defense I have no use playing up there.

This is an issue I find I have encountered as well, though in my case it was more EXP focused. It seems the EXP gained from enemies does not scale very well with their level, in that you don't get a huge amount more for killing say a lvl50 enemy over a lvl15-20 one of the same type. Therefore it actually works out better, for levelling weapons at least, to simply breeze through a low level map. The value of mod drops doesn't seem to increase to a noticeable degree with higher level enemies, either, though I am given to understand it is supposed to.

It goes against my gaming sensibilities for this to be the case, and I wonder if it might get addressed at some stage,

Tried Cyath on Eris and generally got low level mods. I got a few uncommon stuff but since we're dealing with Infestation, it was skill cards. Something which I do not need. While I did get a lot of useless Nano spores, the rest of the materials did not show up that large numbers. Got like 8k Nano spores per round and I'm at 106k Nano spores.

The problem still exist where, very high level maps likes to give you the most common mods out there rather than uncommon ones. I'd expect a Level 70+ map to only drop uncommon stuff and at least double resources.

This has been a problem since inception...

The rewards don't particularly scale with the difficulty... But honestly there really isn't a whole lot of depth to the game anyways. Once the novelty of new weapons wears off there is basically nothing interesting left to do.

All any of us can do is wait and see what DE does with it...

Edited by Bakim0n0