The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Why We (And De) Need More Warframe Slots

CH33F

Before you judge me and say, "Blah blah blah, stupid free player just buy S#&$ and get over it", this is a suggestion that I think would help everyone get what they want.

Players would get more warframe slots, which would allow them to try out new frames and their abilities. However, these additional slots would not be enough to get all of the warframes, just try more out. I think a fair amount would be around 4 slots instead of the two we have now. Currently there are ten frames (not counting Prime), and four would give you a good taste of which ones you like.

Now, about how this will help DE:

1. Warframes. More slots means more frames to try out. Players will want to experience things fast, and since grinding takes so long, there will be more incentive to buy frames.

2. Reactors. With more frames, there's more frames that need supercharging. Still more incentive.

3. Helmets. Whoa, that frame looks so cool and his powers are awesome! And the helmet that goes with him looks even cooler! Do want! Simple F2P logic here. Cosmetics.

4. Color extensions. Same principal as helmets, but more customization for each frame. Color to your liking! You see a frame that looks cool with black, or a certain blue, or something, and you desperately want that because it looks so badass.

I think that having more frame slots would add an incentive to the system that DE already has, and they could potentially make large amounts of money off of these microtransactions. So far, I have not bought any plat, but I am considering a founders pack, if they add something that I just can't stand to not have.

Now, Discuss! Criticism is welcome.

So your argument is that people who are too stingy to buy an extra warframe slot will, if handed this item, will suddenly want to spend more money on items that are very easily obtained without spending money?

The only things people can't acquire for free are slots and color extensions. Sure, I think there's like the omni-ammo box but pfft to that.

Point is: Just give away 50% of your exclusive market items and I promise I'll spend money for no reason! makes no sense.

Sure, it might get people to play longer before needing to spend money (Which they now need to spend less of to obtain full slots) but there really isn't any argument for why it would actually convince people to spend more money.

I WILL say that a third free warframe slot seems reasonable as a function of how many frames there currently are (not to mention the fact that they'll be adding more). It'd be nice to be able to pick 2 custom frames instead of 1 (Since your first one is one of three. Unless you pick Volt. If you pick Volt then make it so people get less free frame slots. In fact, don't give them any! =P).

tl;dr Poor reasoning behind a very valid point: An extra free slot would be nice.

very easily obtained without spending money

Ha. The only way I could see anyone justifying more warframe slots is if they add more warframes, Being able to have 2/6 of the warframes is not bad but what happens when it becomes 2/15 or even 2/20.

hey guess what they did give you 4 free warframe slots, you notice that 50 free platinum, 2 warframe slots worth, if you spent it on something else that is your own damn fault.

Justice served cold and Icy.

Hey guys, let's be douchenozzles because we're behind computer screens and never put thought into how life works!

Edited by FatalX7

Ha. The only way I could see anyone justifying more warframe slots is if they add more warframes, Being able to have 2/6 of the warframes is not bad but what happens when it becomes 2/15 or even 2/20.

We currently have 10 warframes. So, what's your point?

So they are willing to shell out plenty of money in the numbers of around thousands of plats, but they won't spend the cheap price of expanding their own slots? That makes no sense whatsoever; there is no 'switch' that gets flipped.

I understand what the OP is trying to say.

It's getting the player hooked. It's kind of like the crap that EA does, but on a way, waay less greedy scale.

You want to get the player engaged and to enjoy the game. If they become invested, if they enjoyed what is available and what they were able to try, they may pay money later.

A lot of players aren't going to want to drop cash right at the very start so they can try to find what they will actually enjoy.

Edited by FatalX7

I've played MMOs for years, dozens upon dozens and Warframe is the first that has given me a bit of their cash currency.

So, we'll just assume, then. And if that free platinum is there for every new player for the rest of eternity, we'll assume that all newbies will automatically know what it is and what is available to them with it.

I can see how it all works.

That was an actual question, though, not an argument.

Edited by FatalX7

Either way, giving them the plat to start with gives them buying power and makes them look at the cash shop. It is an obvious tactic.

Giving them more free stuff is not a good tactic, considering the initial setup is enough to last them for long enough to decide whether the game is worth playing more than an hour or two.

I understand what the OP is trying to say.

It's getting the player hooked. It's kind of like the crap that EA does, but on a way, waay less greedy scale.

You want to get the player engaged and to enjoy the game. If they become invested, if they enjoyed what is available and what they were able to try, they may pay money later.

A lot of players aren't going to want to drop cash right at the very start so they can try to find what they will actually enjoy.

This is exactly what i was getting at. If you give people something to work for, they will invest time, and maybe money into it. If you give them more slots, then they are more likely to invest in what they enjoy and have spent time in.

Either way, giving them the plat to start with gives them buying power and makes them look at the cash shop. It is an obvious tactic.

Giving them more free stuff is not a good tactic, considering the initial setup is enough to last them for long enough to decide whether the game is worth playing more than an hour or two.

This entire post seems counter-intuitive. First you say, "giving them plat to start with gives them buying power and makes them look at the cash shop. It is an obvious tactic" and then you turn around and say, "giving them free stuff is not a good tactic"

More slots means less people buying platinum. On top of that, when we get more warframes there will be even more need to buy platinum since it is painful and pointless to sell your frames to try out the new ones. I have three slots now and 10 platinum left (I supercharged Volt back in the days when there were no catalysts), 2 supercharged frames and have now sold lv30 Rhino to try Nyx, Ash is ready to be built and I have every BP for every frame except Frost(goddamit to hell!). I am now forced to buy at least 75 platinum in the future if I am to keep some frames and try the others.

So I really doubt there will be more slots.

This entire post seems counter-intuitive. First you say, "giving them plat to start with gives them buying power and makes them look at the cash shop. It is an obvious tactic" and then you turn around and say, "giving them free stuff is not a good tactic"

They aren't giving you free items, they are giving you the power to buy what you will. It's not outright giving you something useful, it gives you the potential to get something.

If you think the game is good, you should support the devs so they can keep making content. As for the pricing, even with 3 euro/5 dollars you can get 3 warframe slots+2 equipment slots, leveling 3 warframes to 30 will keep you entertained for a long time, you'll be getting more bang for your money compared to some "AAA" titles that cost 50 euro and keep you entartained for ~8 hours or less.

As for possible solution for total f2pbees:

Give out free slots for events like christmas/new year.

Edited by ShadowNetBG

Hey guys, let's be douchenozzles because we're behind computer screens and never put thought into how life works!

Hey guys lets insult other people cause saying that has nothing to do with this thread, and my point is completely valid maybe he should have look at what he can buy with 50 plat before posting this